Carol's got a brand new car!

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
resize-image.ashx

She had a fairly new Honda Accord when we met, and drove that until about 2 years ago; she later bought a used Accord that had problems from the beginning. That car has reached the breaking point. Much to my surprise, she decided to go new again, and got the Honda Fit. She just picked it up last night; it seems like a pretty neat car. Now she has to get used to the features, like a back-up camera. :grin:

HNCD

My wife has an earlier gen FIT. It's been a good car for her & very reliable over 100,000+ miles.
I have mixed feelings about it.

I bought a 1st generation Fit and really liked it. A LOT of room for a small car. The pluses outweighted the minuses. Only reason I got rid of it was that I started driving on a lot of longer trips in windy areas and I just wanted a bigger car (bought a CRV).

I bought a 1st generation Fit and really liked it. A LOT of room for a small car. The pluses outweighted the minuses. Only reason I got rid of it was that I started driving on a lot of longer trips in windy areas and I just wanted a bigger car (bought a CRV).
I had one of the first CRVs, back when it included a picnic table. :grin: It was the same shade of blue as Carol's new one.

I'll probably never ride in it. What don't you like about it?

Likes: It is a great city car. Efficient. Small but it comfortably holds 4 adults and the flexible seating accommodates plenty of storage.
Dislike: The seating position/pedal relationship is almost van-like & gets uncomfortable for me after a bit. At highway speeds, the lack of torque means you really have to plan your passing and make sure you have plenty of room/run up. The small size & design dictates some compromises that make maintenance difficult at times (like needing to pull front wheels & fender liners to replace parking light bulbs). The first gen front fascia and under-body panel ground clearance sucks & scrape on just about every parking lot apron.

HNCD

I have a coworker with the 2014 model. She loves it. The only issue I'm aware of was an airbag recall where her car sat at the dealer for over 2 months. Other than that, it's a great little car.

I love my Honda (Acura) Integra. It's been a great car for 20 years now and I hope for at least 10 more (maybe 20). By then there will be no gas and all cars will be self driving making my bike rides MUCH safer

HNCD!!!

all cars will be self driving making my bike rides MUCH safer

Don't be so sure. I saw one of the google cars blaze through one of those newer crosswalks with all the flashing lights like it wasn't there. At least if one of those hits you the damage will be evenly dispersed.

Yep, Capt. Obvious here. :)

I actually wanted to say that right after I read the title. Imagine my disappointment when I got all the way to your post and found out you got there first. I had to say it, or my whole day would have gone right down the drain. :facepalm:

Last edited:
i had a coworker that had a Fit. the one think i didn't like about it were the seats, especially on any kind of trip. we had to drive to columbus ohio from toledo for GIS training (3+ hours) and it wasn't comfortable. but that was a 2009 or 10. don't know about the new ones.

Back