Car of the Week

1967 Shelby GT 350
2017-28C-Shelby-Photo-08.jpg

2017-28C-Shelby-Photo-02.jpg

Lately there’s been a move afoot, on the part of Shelby-collectors, to add Bronco sport utility vehicles (SUVs) to their collections. Seth Burgett is one of the drivers of this movement. He is chief executive officer of Gateway Broncos (www.gatewaybroncos.com), a firm that refurbishes 1966-1967 Broncos using assembly line techniques to do its builds. Burgett adopted his manufacturing system from Henry Ford and is a fan of Ford products such as Shelbys and, of course, Broncos.

“Actually, I’m a bit of a Shelby nut,” Burgett said during the Milwaukee Concours d’Elegance (www.milwaukeeconcours.com) in early August. “I’ve got a 1967 GT500 that I describe as ‘my donation to B.F. Goodrich.’ Every time I drive the car, I shred the tires a little more. I have a lot of fun with the car. I road race it at Shelby American Automobile Club (www.saac.com) events whenever I can.” At the Milwaukee Concours d’Elegance, he showed a 1967 Shelby GT350 he’s restoring.

read more:
http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/car-of-the-week/car-week-1967-shelby-gt350

I'm glad they're restoring it.
I think the 67's were the last models to still have the Shelby team actually work on the cars. By '68, it was all handled in-house at the Ford factory.

I'm glad they're restoring it.
I think the 67's were the last models to still have the Shelby team actually work on the cars. By '68, it was all handled in-house at the Ford factory.
i think the motors were still being done at Shelby in 1968.

Back