Car of the Week: 1975 Pontiac Trans Am

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
IMG_5554.JPG

It wouldn’t be a stretch to call the Pontiac Trans Am the “last muscle car standing” by the time the 1975 models showed up.

Only the ’75 Corvette, with a modest 205 hp in its top engine option, eclipsed the T/A when it came to go power.

Sure, those numbers are laughable today, but in an era bereft of memorable cars, the 1975 Trans Am still looked cool, rode and handled great, and was simply a darn nice machine.

Read more.

View attachment 34504

It wouldn’t be a stretch to call the Pontiac Trans Am the “last muscle car standing” by the time the 1975 models showed up.

Only the ’75 Corvette, with a modest 205 hp in its top engine option, eclipsed the T/A when it came to go power.

Sure, those numbers are laughable today, but in an era bereft of memorable cars, the 1975 Trans Am still looked cool, rode and handled great, and was simply a darn nice machine.

Read more.

It wasn't fast.
It looked ridiculous.
It rode and handled like a tank.

ta1.PNG

Yuck.

I wanted one of those in the worst way. Especially after getting a '76 Mustang II (aka Pinto GT!)

Maybe the stock version of that car didn't have much go, but I'm sure with proper cam an tuning you could squeeze more power out of that 455 CI engine.

I mean my car is a 427 CI small block and makes 505 HP (although it is fuel injected and has all the other modern stuff), but I would think it wouldn't take much to get some of these crappy mid to late 70's era cars to get more performance with some aftermarket mods.

Back