Car of the Week: 1971 Plymouth Road Runner

I can say with confidence that I've never driven that fast on a public road.

That's cool. I have. Never endangered anyone but myself, but I buried the needle on a 140mph speedometer on the open road. Living in the American West has it's benefits.

That's cool. I have. Never endangered anyone but myself, but I buried the needle on a 140mph speedometer on the open road. Living in the American West has it's benefits.

I can't agree with that. You're absolutely endangering someone if you're needlessly using ambulance or hospital resources, road crews, etc.

I don't expect you to like that fact.

I can't agree with that. You're absolutely endangering someone if you're needlessly using ambulance or hospital resources, road crews, etc.

I don't expect you to like that fact.

Yes, well none of that was necessary. I don't see how they would have been endangered had I crashed, more like have extra work is all. They were nowhere near me when I was having stupid level fun. I do see your point, however, and would never, ever want one of my sons to do some of the things that I did.

Those were different times. I don't expect you to understand that either. Driving a hot car at the limits of man and machine is a thrill like very few others.

Those were the days.
You could fill out the option sheet just about way you wanted.
oh yea.....and mopar was probably the best for that. you could get a freakin' Hemi in a Dart, if you wanted one. and a few were made. i don't know how many of those Dart's frames survived.:grin:

oh yea.....and mopar was probably the best for that. you could get a freakin' Hemi in a Dart, if you wanted one. and a few were made. i don't know how many of those Dart's frames survived.:grin:
They beefed up the frame with torque boxes in strategic places.
They did remarkably well.

IMG_4250.JPG

Back