Car of the Week: 1971 Ford Torino Brougham

img_1587.jpg

img_1588.jpg

img_1600.jpg

img_1606.jpg

Mike Brittnacher spent his first round of Ford Torino ownership behind the wheel of a 1970 Torino GT. While not the hairiest and scariest muscle car around, the GT was still plenty rowdy and fast for a teenager.

When it came time for a second Torino a little more than a decade ago, Brittnacher decided to look for something a little more understated and refined. It took him a while, but the Fort Atkinson, Wis., resident was able to find a car a little more on the “mature” side that turned out to be just his speed.

“I was looking for a couple years and I thought to myself, ‘Yeah, everybody wants a four-speed and all that, but I’m getting older, give me an automatic, and I’d like air conditioning. So I looked for a couple years and I came across this,” said Brittnacher, pointing to his lovely triple-green ’71 Torino Brougham. “It was a factory air car, power steering and power disc front brakes. It was a nice car. Low mileage — it had 32,500 miles on it when I bought it. I bought it out of central Illinois — Reddick, Illinois — but it came out of West Virginia.

read more: https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1971-ford-torino-brougham

Great looking car. The vinyl top really looks good on it, even though they're not everyone's cup of tea. You can almost smell the new car in the interior shot.

Back