Car of the Week: 1969 Dodger Charger R/T

beautiful car.....unfortunately.....Dukes of Hazzard has RUINED me on that model.....and unfortunately after 1970.....the chargers looked like shit. (same goes for the Road Runners)

i would MUCH prefer a Coronet R/T

I love it!
My friend Steve had an R/T in purple, 4 speed and the 6-pack option. I remember him dropping several Trans Am 455's that dared to race him. He dropped a rod when we were running over 140 Mph once. Scared the hell out of me. Awesome car and he is still the most talented driver I ever rode with.

I wonder how many of those were destroyed filming The Dukes of Hazard?

My mom had a '69 Charger when she married my dad. Too bad they didn't keep it. I always liked that car.

Surely one of the most masculine looking cars ever. That's a Charger they should bring back, not the rebadged Chrysler 300-looking four dour tank thing that's out now.

Reactions: Tig
I wonder how many of those were destroyed filming The Dukes of Hazard?

Hundreds. I saw somewhere that one of the Chargers for The Dukes of Hazard was found a few years ago, mangled and with the trunk full of concrete so it would fly straight during a jump. I think the speculation was that it was THE General Lee from the opening credits, but I could be making that up.

Back