Car of the Week: 1969 Buick GS400

Cool car.

Reading the article reminded me of the fact that lots of these old muscle cars were not really all that fast. The article lists a 0-60 time of 7.8 seconds. I think that would get walked by several modern minivans at the strip. :messedup: At least it has badass looks.

Cool car.

Reading the article reminded me of the fact that lots of these old muscle cars were not really all that fast. The article lists a 0-60 time of 7.8 seconds. I think that would get walked by several modern minivans at the strip. :messedup: At least it has badass looks.

keep in mind that those numbers were generated from a car with a 3.42:1 rear end and G-78/14 polyglass tires......that probably sat and smoked for the first 3 seconds of that run.

keep in mind that those numbers were generated from a car with a 3.42:1 rear end and G-78/14 polyglass tires......that probably sat and smoked for the first 3 seconds of that run.

A fair point, for sure.

Even if you can't hook this car up, I bet the big torque makes it a fun thing for leaving rubber on the ground and snapping you back into the seat.

Last edited:
yea....i'm pretty sure that if the car had a 4.11 posi in the rear and 12" wide mickey thompson cheaters on the back, it would have run down near 5.0 seconds.

Always had a soft spot for Buick and old's a-bodies. If I wasn't doing pontiacs as a kid I probably would have been doing those... If anything because they WERENT chevys or Ford's :wink:

My uncle's garage. Thats a triple white Lincoln convertible in the background.

IMG_1505.JPG

Back