dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
IMG_5213.JPG

Somewhere along the line, Don and Gladys Cass’s old car hobby almost turned into a game.

“How many car shows can you get to in a year behind the wheel of a 1968 Camaro?”

The answer is a lot – at least one every weekend that there isn’t snow on the ground, if you plan things right. If you run a car show anywhere in Wisconsin, or within driving distance of their Stevens Point home, the affable, car-crazy couple are liable to come rolling in with their well-traveled Matador Red coupe.

Since repainting and refreshing their beloved family Camaro and turning it into a hobby car about 11 years ago, the Casses have been full-blown car show fanatics. And they are a car show organizer’s dream: They come early, stay late, and bring a bunch of their friends.

“We go to 35 to 40 car shows a year. We get around,” Don laughs.

“Last year we went to 36,” Gladys adds. “That was a light year! The most we’ve been to is 43!”

Read more.

Just me, I'm sure.
Nope. You're not alone.
I've never liked the Camaro.
Even the most pristine survivor or restoration somehow looks bland to me, but if I had to drive one, it would be from that era/bodystyle.

The truth is, I'd rather have a Pontiac Firebird of the same year. It just seems to have a bit more flare in the styling, but not too much as to be gaudy.

A buddy of mine had a '69 years ago. He had restored it but it was at the point of needing quite a bit of work again. He ended up selling it.

Nope. You're not alone.
I've never liked the Camaro.
Even the most pristine survivor or restoration somehow looks bland to me, but if I had to drive one, it would be from that era/bodystyle.

The truth is, I'd rather have a Pontiac Firebird of the same year. It just seems to have a bit more flare in the styling, but not too much as to be gaudy.

My brother-in-law's girlfriend had one from this era (Camaro) which looked just like that one, except it was blue with white stripes, instead of red. Her dad restored it for her and gave it to her for her HS graduation.

Even had the red-line tires on it.

It was beautiful, but again......it generated a lot of attention and was.......well,.......a Camaro.

Someone I went to high school with in Orange had a black '68 SS that was all tricked out for drag racing, and sometimes he would blast by my house since it was on a long and straight street. I loved that car.

Incidentally Duff McKagan of G'n'R is his cousin.

I'm weird in that my favorite Camaro is the 71 1/2 split bumper. Old school hotrod too just like below. Rims, meats, traction bars, and some engine tweaks and that's it. No roll cage, tubed, NOS, blower bullshit.
7414439542_fa7172692c_z.jpg

7414414666_8196f071bc_z.jpg

Back