Car of the Week: 1925 Buick Master Six sport touring

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
439D15F0-7140-4588-999F-2D59454CBBA3.jpeg

In some ways, the pre-World War II Buicks of the 1920s and ‘30s are the best of both worlds. They are great-looking cars with classy designs and look right at home in any crowd. A 1920s Buick could park next to a full Classic Packard or Cadillac from the same era and certainly look like it belongs.

On the other hand, Buicks have always been nice “everyman’s” cars. They have never been priced or marketed as luxury machines, and that was true back to the 1920s and before. That’s good news for fans of early Buicks, because even cars like Gene Wendt’s pristine 1925 Master Six sport touring car remain affordable and obtainable. When it comes to bang for your buck in the pre-war market, Wendt knows you can’t do much better than a nicely preserved Buick.

“I was probably about 8 years old and when you are young sometimes impressions sink pretty deep,” says Wendt, a resident of Plymouth, Minn. “The first antique car I ever saw, other than in a book, was a 1924 Buick touring car, which is almost the same car. A neighbor had it and I admired that car. I said, ‘Some day, we’re going to have one of those.’

Read more.

I like that.
You can stand on the running boards with your Chicago Typewriter too!

Let's go get them mugs.

Back