Car Guys! What Buffer?

telecaster911

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Thinking maybe the porter cable or the shurhold 3100.

What do you use?

I'm not looking for the little $30 waters.

Amazon has been blowing out the griots garage 6 DA for stupid cheap.... 79 bucks for the 10' chord model on periodic lightening deals. Even at their current price, it's still a good deal and has more power than the PC. Griots backs it with a lifetime warranty. I couldn't resist that price and flipped my PC.

Megs new mt300 looks really nice and chemical guys just released the 10fx if you want to grab the latest gratest mid-price dual action orbital. (but your looking at $200)

if you want to go high end, look at flex and rupes.

If you get a 6", think about picking up a 5" backing plate. Most of the DAs correct better turning the smaller pads.

Np

I'm not familiar with the surehold. The surehold looks like it was originally designed/marketed for fiberglass polishing in the boat market. Not that it won't work on other surfaces but it looks like it might be down on power to the GG6

There are a slew of good polishes on the market today and it's hard to go really wrong.

I've used xmt, meguiars & pinnacle. All were good products. Typically though I use meguiars 105 and 205. Between those two and a good assortment of pads, I can take on anything and they are reasonably priced. 105 can be finicky though, especially when your starting out with a tendency of using too much.

Tele...if you order something, shoot me your address and I'll send you what I have left in pinnacle ASR and AFP, both are pretty easy working polishes and great for starting out.

Back