Capt. American WS & Guardians of the Galaxy

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski

Mrs. Rev and I went to see Cpt. America this weekend. We really enjoyed it, and thanks saying something since she hated the first Cpt. America.

Watching the previews was interesting. Apparently Marvel has no fewer than 20 movies coming out in the next year or so. Some of them actually looked fairly interesting. I originally looked at the Guardians movie as a really dumb concept. As a non comic book fan I know nothing about them. After seeing the trailer I think it looks like it might be really cool.

I also hope the new X Men movie is better than that last Wolverine movie. That thing was horrendous.

I'm also pretty excited about the new Godzilla movie. I loved the originals. It would nice to see it done well for once.

GotG has the potential to reshape Marvel Studios. Because it has such out-of-the-box characters it really moves the fences for what a "Marvel Movie" has to be.

The new X-Men is a Fox movie so I'm being cautiously optimistic. First Class was pretty good, followed by the Wolverine which was pretty disappointing.

new Spiderman is a toss up... I'll wait and see.

Godzilla nailed their director choice. Gareth Edwards did such an amazing job on a shoestring budget with "Monsters" that everyone said "Man, I wish this was a Godzilla movie..."

GotG has the potential to reshape Marvel Studios. Because it has such out-of-the-box characters it really moves the fences for what a "Marvel Movie" has to be.

The new X-Men is a Fox movie so I'm being cautiously optimistic. First Class was pretty good, followed by the Wolverine which was pretty disappointing.

new Spiderman is a toss up... I'll wait and see.

Godzilla nailed their director choice. Gareth Edwards did such an amazing job on a shoestring budget with "Monsters" that everyone said "Man, I wish this was a Godzilla movie..."

I liked the original Spiderman movies. I really didn't like the reboot at all (even Emma Stone didn't save it). We will see if the next one is any good.

I liked the original Spiderman movies. I really didn't like the reboot at all (even Emma Stone didn't save it). We will see if the next one is any good.

I really dislike the lead actor they picked for the Spider-Man reboot. I won't be seeing any more of those.

No reboot really. The Spiderman comic series really had different stories and were never parallel to each other. As what you call the reboot, the Amazing Spiderman is more true to the comics I read growing up. However I do agree with you on the choice of Emma Stone for Gwen Stacy. The earlier movies chose the correct Gwen in Bryce Dallas Howard in Spiderman 3.

Spider-Man-3-Gwen-Stacy-spider-man-32593928-450-342.jpg

Andrew Garfield is a brilliant actor, and a hell of a lot better than TM as Peter Parker ever was. The movie had problems' but he definitely wasn't one of them.

I was in California at the end of last week, and my son and I caught the new Capt. America movie. I enjoyed it a lot, and I agree that the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer that I saw made me interested in that movie, too.

I watched Monsters at home, and although I wouldn't have wanted to pay to see it in a theater, it was interesting.

Andrew Garfield is a brilliant actor, and a hell of a lot better than TM as Peter Parker ever was. The movie had problems' but he definitely wasn't one of them.
I don't think it was his acting, just something about him I didn't like. He just wasn't Spider-Man to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last Wolverine movie was bad. I liked the first one, I thought the dude they had playing Logan's brother was really good in that role.

I think the Guardian movie looked pretty cool in the trailer, I'll be heading out to see it.

I think that First Class was really well-made, but my instinct is that bringing back Singer and the cast from the first trilogy is a huge mistake. I'm a big fan of Stewart and McKellan, but that series became an irreparable disaster, and it's better to start from scratch.

Have incredibly low expectations for the forthcoming Fantastic Four and Batman/Superman movies.

I think that First Class was really well-made, but my instinct is that bringing back Singer and the cast from the first trilogy is a huge mistake. I'm a big fan of Stewart and McKellan, but that series became an irreparable disaster, and it's better to start from scratch.

Have incredibly low expectations for the forthcoming Fantastic Four and Batman/Superman movies.

Lets hope it's not anything like the last Superman movie. That was terrible. I left the theaters fairly certain that Superman was the villain. The final fight scenes were way too much. I not sure anyone in that entire city was left alive.

Lets hope it's not anything like the last Superman movie. That was terrible. I left the theaters fairly certain that Superman was the villain. The final fight scenes were way too much. I not sure anyone in that entire city was left alive.

Well, if the idea is to plunder Frank Miller's stuff, then Superman really actually is the villain. Either way, I have zero faith. They're just trying to cash in by pulling elements from The Avengers and TDK from out of thin air rather than build something new.

Back