Capos - How Many Do You Own?

There are probably some other capos kicking around the house somewhere. My very first capo was one of these:
Hamilton.jpg

I have one of those Hamilton's too. It was also my first... bought it in '81 IIRC. I had it for my LP, 'cause the neck was like a baseball bat. I still use it from time to time, but I have a couple Kysers that I use more often.

1 capo I can see - Keyser brand. Might have another in a guitar case somewhere. Don't use a capo very often.

I keep one in each acoustics case, plus 2-3 laying around in the music room.
Mostly Shubbs, but I do have a Paige and a Kyser.
Also have 2 for the banjos, and a Beard for the sq neck reso.

Two, but I can only find one. A shubb with a ripped rubber part, and some other clip on type that I bought when a local music store was going out of business. That is the one I can't find. I think it is a Kyser. I don't use them very often and usually just play the few songs I play that use capos without them.

In other words, I am lazy about it. Also, generally, those songs are capoed and one or two, and it doesn't hurt me to sing a step down or so.

One for my guitar, one for my irish bouzouki. Then my guitar capo disappeared and I bought another one. Low and behold I finally vacuum underneath my sofa cushions and the old one is there. So I own 3 capos now. I hope this is a good lesson for cleaning your house more often.

2 an old cheap strap kind and a newer cheap planet waves one that works really well. I use it mostly on acoustic rarely on electric

I'm now up to 4 since I've gone to 2 Tommy Emmanuel camps and they gave out d'addario NS capos both times. I'll be going to a third one next year so I'll probably have 5 then :P

Back