Capos - How Many Do You Own?

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
The market has changed alot when I bought my first Capo. I still remember using the elastic held bar that was such a pain in the ass to use. Now I use - Kysers.

My first Capo since the 70's...
Never had the need for a capo until I was playing in my Rush tribute (2003-2005). I used it for one song - Big Money - in which you capo the 2nd fret. Made the song very easy to play as the chords fall into place using cowboys chords. The added benefit is all the harmonics that Alex plays fall naturally.

I got my second capo as I started playing more tunes requiring a one (Tom Petty - Free Fallin', along with other acoustic gems). With that I purchased a second Kyser but made for acoustic guitars which I have been using frequently.

Now I am considering a 3rd and 4th. One for my 12-string and one for my Mando.

Currently at 2

Last edited:
I have 4, I think. I have 2 Kyser's, one that I have no idea what the brand is, but it has a thumb screw to set it and I just bought a G7th a few months ago. I only use the G7th.

at least five.

two Shubbs
A Kyser
A Kyser partial capo
And an adjustable capo.

Who knows how many are scattered or lost.

Three.

I have two G7's, my stage capo and the backup....

.. and recently got a G7pro which is smaller, slimmer, and lighter. It's perfect for use on an electric.

I have two. A Planet Waves and some crappy one given to me. I'm incapo-ble of having more.

:rim:
:facepalm:

I've been playing along with some Americana type songs with the acoustic lately and find using one invaluable.

I have an old fashioned one (with the fabric strap) and two kysers. I'd like to get a Schubb or G7 or D'Addario/Planet Waves NS to check out.

I'm sorry, it's called the "Performance 2" not the Pro.

Performance2Silver.aspx

2. A Shubb that lives in my acoustic case and one of those old style rubberised bars with a stretchy band with holes in to hook around the neck and on the end of the bar.

I have the most cork sniffing capo you can imagine. Or as some of you may know it the "suckers capo". I don't remember why I got it but I must have been particularly flush at the time. I just went to the website and thought "Did I actually pay that much for a Capo?"

IMG_4996.jpg

Last edited:
2 an old cheap strap kind and a newer cheap planet waves one that works really well. I use it mostly on acoustic rarely on electric

A Dunlop, I rarely use it. I see no need for more than 1. I'm not that diverse.

Back