Caparison Angelus CL 13

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/new-arrivals-guitars/item/1229-caparison-angelus-cl-13

$4,500.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
This is the last of its kind available to the public from the limited 2013 Custom Line run. The blood red finish on the stunning figured maple top is as tempting as any red dress you’ve ever seen. From the flawless fit and finish, to the powerful and immediate tone that only maple capped mahogany can give you, it is the ultimate interpretation of Itaru Kanno’s design and passion.

The Caparison Custom Line is a special line produced from the highest grade and rare materials, in striking finishes and in strictly limited quantities.

The Custom Line Angelus has some slightly unusual specifications which differ from other Angelus models by including a maple fingerboard and a single/humbucker pickup configuration.

This Custom Line Angelus is available has Caparison's “Trans. Blood Red” finish, which together with the maple fingerboard give it a very striking visual impact. The Custom Line Angelus also features a thick, high grade flame maple top with matching headstock finished in the body colour with a printed “Custom Line” logo.

For this Angelus, Caparison opted for a mahogany body and mahogany neck, which adds depth to the sound. The Custom Line Angelus is fitted with EMG pickups for a heavy sound.

SPECS:
- Model: Angelus-CL13
- Body shape: Angelus
- Top: flame maple
- Back: mahogany
- Bridge: Gotoh GE-103B-T
- Tailpiece: Gotoh GE101Z-T
- Neck joint: set-in
- Neck material: mahogany
- Neck grip: Angelus
- Fingerboard material: maple with ivory binding
- Fingerboard radius: R350 to R400
- Scale length: 628mm (24 3/4")
- Nut width: 42mm
- Number of frets: 24
- Fret type: jumbo
- Nut: Graph Tech black TUSQ

- Position inlay: oval inlay
- Headstock: Angelus with custom line logo, ivory binding
- Head angle: 15 degrees
- Machine heads: Gotoh SG301-01 H.A.P.
- Neck pickup: EMG-SA
- Bridge pickup: EMG-85
- Controls: master volume, 3-way lever switch
- Headstock top: flame maple, matching body (gloss)
- Neck finish: matching body back (gloss)
- Body finish: trans. blood red (gloss)
- Body top sides: natural
- Hardware: chrome
- Tuning: C tuning
- Strings: RotoSound RH10 lt top/hvy bot (.010-.052)
- Case/gig bag: hard case (CAG-2)

PRICING INFO:
- $4,500.00

I played a handful of Caparison guitars at NAMM a year or two ago and they just felt like production level Ibanez guitars. I was not impressed.

A magenta shred machine. Just in case you need a guitar for your all-drag Twisted Sister cover band.

I'm meh on this one, for all the reasons already listed....except that I have not played this model.

Reminds me of the PRS Custom 24 SE that I recently got - not exactly, but close - and my PRS ran $750. Soooo, meh.

I hear that this guy builds great stuff.

That may be, but I've never seen one that made me think it was worth anywhere near the asking price.

If a PRS is a Ford Explorer, this thing is a Mercury Mountaineer. Slightly richer appointnents, functionally identical, ludicrously over-priced.

I'd still like to try one sometime, not that I'm good enough to spend that kind of $$$ on a guitar :(

for that kind of money I would much rather get a mayones and I def would not want active pickups.

Back