can you drive a horse?

My wife grew up on a horse-farm and has told me she used to be able to ride standing on the back of the horse, and has actually ridden under its' belly. They used to play "Cowboys and Indians" with real horses when she was a kid (which I found humorous since she has Native American bloodlines).

Me? Horses frighten me and from the few times I have tried to ride, I end up bouncing up and down in the seat and get a sore butt.

a lot of native americans like western movies
because they relate to the cowboy who represents freedom,
and self reliance.

I rode a horse once. It was enjoyable at first, but then my balls and my ass started to ache. The day after, and a few days after that, my ass was still sore and my lower back was really stiff. I have a fucked up back, so that could have been a contributing factor. And next time I'll pick a female horse and keep my pants on.

During the ride, I asked our guide if there was a trick to prevent your balls from hurting so bad. I couldn't tell if he was serious or fucking with me, but he said that's what horseback riding is all about...figuring out how to not let it hurt your balls.

I rode a horse when I was 12. Never again. It was at a camp and they put me on the "nice" horse. Everything was going great until a horse bucked and it spooked my horse. The horse took off, we jumped the little fence they had around the riding area an he bolted (with me still on) up to the woods. The camp folks had to chase after us and they finally got us. They couldn't believe I was able to stay on and said I should really take up riding. No way, I will never get on one again.

I can ride a horse. I grew up in a rural place where lots of kids had horses. I didn't have one, but I certainly used to borrow a horse from friends and ride around with other kids. It has probably been 30 years since I have been on a horse, so I wouldn't consider myself remotely capable.

i mean i dont want to just fart around in a circle i wanna be able to be good at it.
how long does that take? like she said maybe a few months to be able to go fast...
How long did it take you to 'not fart around in circles',playing guitar?

It's the same as anything...It's a progressive thing and will take time...

I appreciate horses.

Rode them twice, and each time didn't go very well. Not going to give them another opportunity :embarrassed:.

funny story one of my first memories as a child was when i was 4 or 5 my parents took me and my older brothers to the mesquite rodeo in texas.
they had this thing where all the kids had to chase a pig that had a ribbon on its tail and whomever got the ribbon won.

so the starting gun goes off and everyone took off running, but when I took a step the dirt was so big and clumpy I fell down.
I was wearing these little baby cowboy boots, I would get up, and immediately fall down. I remember looking up, and the entire arena was pointing and laughing at me.
messedup0

Back