can you drive a horse?

angry tele

L'effet c'est moi
i always wanted to learn how to ride a horse
and now this chick i work with keeps asking me to ride her horse.

she said I can learn how to go flat out in about 1 month.
(but thats not really something you want to do much of)

she sounds like she knows what shes talking about.
I said, "Superman died from riding a horse"

but she said she has never fallen once in 12 years.

i've rode a bunch and owned a couple....i got thrown from a horse my first time in 5th grade.

anyone who has rode "flat out" for 12 years and NEVER got thrown or fell....is either lying or flat out means a trot.
ever watch a rodeo.....see how many PROFESSIONALS come off horses? just sayin'
maybe others here can provide other opinions.

18 months ago I broke up with a woman that had five horses...

I was with her for a little over a year....

Mean and dangerous are horses...and a lot of work and expense....

No thanks..........

Sometimes when I was around them I'd have the hair on the back of my neck stand up and that's never happened...very spooky..

One of them,Dakota,tried to bite my tit off...

Never again.....

Last edited:
My wife spent several years as a girl on a ranch in Colorado. They had a farrier who insisted that horses are "dumber than chickens". I don't believe that, however. I think they're cunning and mean...

My wife spent several years as a girl on a ranch in Colorado. They had a farrier who insisted that horses are "dumber than chickens". I don't believe that, however. I think they're cunning and mean...
Most farriers are meaner than horses...I believe they have to be.............

I hate horses. Bad experience as a kid trying to ride the neighbors. He'd try to buck us off or take off like he was possessed or something. I have no desire to ever ride them again

i thought they were kind of dumb too. I know they arent as smart as dogs even. But she said they are smart. She said you can take your hands off the reigns and when you look left the horse goes left.

Im sure there are good horses and bad ones.

i thought they were kind of dumb too. I know they arent as smart as dogs even. But she said they are smart. She said you can take your hands off the reigns and when you look left the horse goes left.

Im sure there are good horses and bad ones.

i'm not too sure of that......you take yer hand of the reins and let them go.....they will bolt left at a full gallop and yer ass will go flying out of the saddle....you NEVER allow a horse to think that you are NOT paying attention....or YOU WILL PAY!!!

Last edited:
sounds like horses are kind of dickheads

well.....the truth is.....they don't really want you on their back......if yer just walking around.....not a big deal....but if you try and make them "work".....you better be on yer game, cuz if you're NOT keeping up.....you WILL get ejected.

I have spent some time on them. They have tried to scrape me off on trees and such just walking along. They can be kind of dicks until the both of you have actually spent some time together.

Depends on the horse. Some are content to stand there all day long, others will take advantage of somebody who doesn't know what they're doing.

If she's been riding 12 years and hasn't fallen off, though, that's a suspect bit of truth there. We have near 70 at our current ranch, and even our most experienced riders with experienced horses have come unseated. Happens. Horses are prey animals, and the flight instinct is strong.

Anyway, if you feel like learning to ride, go for it. If you don't, it's a huge money and time sink that you'll resent. :shrug:

Free until you decide to buy a horse so you can go for sunset rides together.

Anyway, might as well give it a shot. And maybe "ride my horse" is just a euphemism anyway :thu:

Free until you decide to buy a horse so you can go for sunset rides together.

Anyway, might as well give it a shot. And maybe "ride my horse" is just a euphemism anyway :thu:

yeah im not going to buy a horse, but i want to learn how to ride one. seems like a skill that could be useful. My dad said its really relaxing , whatever that means. He said he used to all the time.

ill check it out and see what the deal is.
i told her i wanna do that thing where you jump off , hit the ground with both feet and then jump back on real quick. (while at a gallop)
she had no idea what that was.

but free lessons and the horse lives like 5 minutes from my house. cant be a bad deal, unless I break my back or neck. i think superman was doing that fancy dressage shit though.

if i can just ride like they do in the movie The Searchers that would be awesome.
they go through like 6 feet of powder snow on a mountain slope, a 4-5 foot deep fast running river...crazy shit

Last edited:
Back