CAN THE IBANEZ TS808 REISSUE BE MODDED FOR EXACT VINTAGE TS808 TONE?

Seems like a lot of work is needed to turn the reissue into what they were supposed to be reissuing...

To me this doesn't make sense. Especially with so many choices in the drive pedal realm. Find something that you like the sound of and roll with it. Don't obsess with how it sounds by itself or up against another pedal 'cause it sure as hell isn't going to sound like that when you stack the rest of the band on top of it. Usually what sounds great in a band situation sounds like ass by itself.

To me this doesn't make sense. Especially with so many choices in the drive pedal realm. Find something that you like the sound of and roll with it. Don't obsess with how it sounds by itself or up against another pedal 'cause it sure as hell isn't going to sound like that when you stack the rest of the band on top of it. Usually what sounds great in a band situation sounds like ass by itself.

Case in point. I was watching the "Making of Dark Side of the Moon" documentary last night and heard Gilmour playing alone through that BMP, alone, no thanks, of course we all know it sounds stellar in the mix.

While true for the most part, it is that certain one sound that I am looking for and this is the one that I am missing. In the hands of different guitarists, the sounds will always be different from one person to the other. My search for this sound is that I do not like the on/off switch of my backdated TS9. While I have found methods to install a true bypass switch, I have found a used TS808 reissue that I can mess with. Besides half of the fun is the experimentation much like guitars electronics.

Back