Can I Ask You A Personal Question?

That hat is stupid.

Other than that, I have no opinion on Slash. I've never paid much attention to any of the bands he was in.

He's a genuinely nice guy that plays guitar a thousand times better than I ever will.

He's not somebody I've tried to steal from but I dig that he made a style out of playing melodic lead guitar. I put him with Neal Schon as a guy who plays stuff you sing and remember instead of being about tricks.
This for me too....

I like him. He recorded some really awesome guitar solos. That's all anyone can ask for, really. And he seems like a nice enough guy.

Slash is a great guitarist perpetually pairing up with mediocre singers. But he and Axle bottled lightning with AFD.

His mum slept with David Bowie.

Ive read his autobiography, quite a good read. Seems like a nice fellah. His name means to have a pee in slang English though.

I like his playing quite a bit. I didn't really listen to much of his solo stuff from the middle of his career, but the more recent stuff he's doing with Myles Kennedy on vocals really floats my boat.

Sweet Child O' Mine was probably the single song that made me want to start playing guitar again after a couple of years of not playing at all, and never having owned an electric guitar.

excellent guitar player, whose talent has been over-shadowed by the 'Slash' persona - the hair, the hat...

Last edited:
After seeing this, I had to give props to Slash for hanging with Boz and Booker T's crew:

Plus, best rock cartoon persona ever.

Guess I like him enough.

Problem is, outside of AFD and Lies, there's nothing he's done that I can hum to.
IMO a great song is one that sits in your head and you find yourself humming parts of it at times.

Back