Can I Ask You A Personal Question?

Awesome guitarist. Don't know him but doesn't seem to act like an entitled dick like others. Actually seems like a nice guy

He has his own sound and style, and he deserves credit for that.
And he has a nice hat.

He has died in the hallway of a hotel, and that gives him the cred to do what he wants. He's walked the "Hard Rock" walk, I will listen to what he has to say.

He's not somebody I've tried to steal from but I dig that he made a style out of playing melodic lead guitar. I put him with Neal Schon as a guy who plays stuff you sing and remember instead of being about tricks.

He bridges the gap between the pentatonic-limited blues-rock guys and the neo-classical shred guys while writing catchy tunes...he also knows how to (finally) surround himself with talented people who push him further...and he does it without pretentiousness, ego, or entitlement...

He's OK...

Slash is an excellent guitar player with a distinct tone and style comparable to the great players of the 1960s and 70s. But, like most excellent guitar players, he’s not much of songwriter. I would love to hear him working with Izzy Stradlin again.

Back