California is out-Florida-Ing Florida today

But they look like fine, upstanding people...

:messedup:

Yeah - a lot of times, you look at the photos that go with stories like that and have to say, “Well, duh!?” I wonder if they’re gonna come up with some religious excuse for their abusive behavior...

Perris has always seemed like a vaguely scary place
I’ve been there once....it’s where the Train museum is where thy do the Thomas The Train stuff. You have to drive through town to get there. It’s more than vaguely scary. The house in the pictures is way nicer than what I remember the town to look like.

I’ve been there once....it’s where the Train museum is where thy do the Thomas The Train stuff. You have to drive through town to get there. It’s more than vaguely scary. The house in the pictures is way nicer than what I remember the town to look like.
I bought a guitar from a guy there once (I think it was via the old jackson charvel forum, although I'm not positive..). It was a really nice schecter custom shop 7 string, and he actually seemed like a nice guy, but I remember his house being very small and dark and crammed full of guitar stuff. he had a literally fridge-sized set up of rack gear.

Florida didn't have any automobiles fly 20 feet into the air and crash into the 2nd story of a house, did it?

car-2ndfloor-main-ap-ps-180115_4x3_992.jpg

Perris is a shithole ©

That entire general area Northeast of Murrieta is series of bigger and worse shitholes ©

Hemet, Sun City, Perris, Barstow, San Bernardino, Victorville... They're the West Virginia of Southern California, but with rattlesnakes and cactus. It's cheap to live out there... MUCH cheaper than SD, OC, LA etc. They're all overrun with tweakers and general low lifes. It wasn't always that way, but has grown continually worse for many decades.

Perris has exactly TWO things to offer:

1. Skydiving. There are several skydiving operations based out of Perris. However, because Perris is a shithole ©, they fly the skydivers over to Lake Elsinore for the jump and have a van drive them back to the airfield.

2. An EPIC Carting Track with Instructors. I'm not talking about go-carts like the ones at the minigolf joint, these are 4 wheeled tiny raging beasts that will eat your soul. These are the Carts virtually EVERY F1 driver got their racing start and experience in. The "Slow" will hit 75 MPH and pull up to 4 Gs through a turn. All while sitting in an open frame/chassis 3" from the ground and NO RESTRAINING BELTS of any kind. You don't want to be strapped into one of those things if you fuck up hard enough to flip it. The "Fast" ones are just pure insanity.

You can do a one day package that includes classroom time and dozens of laps with and without the instructor. It ain't cheap, but it's ridiculously fun.

It just sucks having to go to a shithole © to have so much fun.

I’d have lost my mind and chained the little bastards up around number four. What kind of crazy fuckers make it to thirteen?

But ... but Jesus says it's OK!

Perris is indeed a shithole. And it does offer skydiving - fatal skydiving. OGG is right, that part of CA is just a nightmare.

some of the kids were adults. I hate seeing shit like that. As sick as the parents were, the kids are all without their parents now and the odds of them all being placed together in foster care would be almost impossible, unless relatives step in. And from the sound of it the adult kids probably have no idea how to survive in society. really sad.
Yep.

Back