Cadillac SRX vs. Audi Q5

I far as I can remember they have always made poor vehicles. The closest thing to a decent car I recall are the EVO's and those were great engines in a terrible chassis. They worked as race cars, but I couldn't see living with one as a daily driver.

Our 2004 Dodge Stratus is a Mitsubishi platform. 244,000 miles. One new clutch. One new alternator. One new wheel bearing. Still going strong.

I have 2 GM products now. One was in good shape with under 100,000 miles and cheap. One was in good shape with under 100,000 miles and free.

I wouldn't buy one again, though I'd still take the free one.

It's a very nice car (2009 Chevy Impala loaded), but if I were paying for it, I'd find something else.

uheja4yj.jpg
Tele.. you are da MAN! This beast would be the first thing I buy with a lottery win.

Drove a new Jeep Grand Cherokee as a rental the other day, I have to say I was pretty impressed with it.

Drove a new Jeep Grand Cherokee as a rental the other day, I have to say I was pretty impressed with it.

I haven't driven one, but they do look comfortable.

Unfortunately, I had an older Jeep Grand Cherokee, and it was such a POS that I will never buy another one, I don't care how nice they are.....
Oddly enough, the Jeep GC I had really wasn't all that good off-road. Not nearly as good as my 1999 Ford Explorer.

I can understand that.

Having worked on Audi's... I can never own one. I'm pretty sure everything was designed by bitter ex-nazi's.

I'd get a Mazda 3 iGrand Touring (manual) over either of them, take the savings and spend a month or so in Europe!

Is that the one they are making in Italy now?
No, the Jeep made in Italy hasn't been released yet. The Cherokee, and Wrangler are made in Toledo. The Grand Cherokee is made in Detroit. The current Grand Cherokee is more or less a rebadged Mercedes M Class (the old model).

Back