Butter in coffee is a thing now.

Never tried it. The closest I have ever got is that old Nepali favourite, tea with yak butter. Didn't much like it. :shrug:

My grandfather used to do that and I thought it was something he brought with him from Palermo.

If people are putting butter in coffee, where will it stop? Next thing you know, they'll be putting milk in their Coca-cola :embarrassed:

dg0Ut0K.jpg

I've transcribed several of those Bulletproof podcasts (not for fun). Those are not my people, Walter.

I've transcribed several of those Bulletproof podcasts (not for fun). Those are not my people, Walter.

Yeah, I kept seeing some bullshit about this whole thing getting started by some (what I understood to be in my brief reading this morning) self-help guru or some such. I'm sure they're utterly obnoxious.

Half & Half is too weak. I use heavy whipping cream now :embarrassed:

I was doing that for a while. I would buy heavy cream to cook with, use a little bit, and all I had to do with the rest was put it in coffee. It works well, especially if you sweeten it with a rich unfiltered honey.

I was doing that for a while. I would buy heavy cream to cook with, use a little bit, and all I had to do with the rest was put it in coffee. It works well, especially if you sweeten it with a rich unfiltered honey.

I started using heavy whipping cream after finding out that Anna Pigeon uses it in her coffee. I ended up liking it better than half & half :embarrassed:

17934372.jpg

Never tried it. The closest I have ever got is that old Nepali favourite, tea with yak butter. Didn't much like it. :shrug:
Hang around a Tibetian Bhuddist temple long enough and you'll wind up at an event where food is served and the drink of choice is always buttered tea.

Back