Butter in coffee is a thing now.

BS555

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Apparently this has been a trend for at least most of this year, and not even completely new (I've found other people saying they've done it years ago,) but today was the first I heard of it.

Just Google it, there's a ton of articles on it, even recent ones.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=BUTTER IN COFFEE

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22/butter-in-coffee-bulletproof_n_5851456.html

So, I don't drink black coffee. I have my own espresso machine at work (and even my own mid grade grinder,) which I drink on ice, with half and half and sweetener. So I stumbled on an article about butter in coffee, and I said to myself "YEAH TRENDS! FUCK IT, I'LL DO IT LIVE!"

I have some Kerrygold butter in the fridge here at work...damn fine sweet butter...so I put a spoonful of it in my espresso glass and pulled a shot on top of it, stirred it up, and dumped it in my glass with ice and half and half. Really not bad. The butter taste wasn't super discernible, but the added fat and smoothness was. I don't know I'll actually do it regularly but it was tasty. Not being a drip coffee drinker I don't know how it'd fare in that. They say you're supposed to use two tablespoons in a cup of drip coffee...that's a lot of butter. I used substantially less.

Last edited:
Fucking gross

So I thought too, but it was more subtle than I expected. Again, though, in my case, I just put a dollop in the bottom of a small espresso glass, not two tablespoons in a cup of drip.

But you have to use special butter, and special coffee, and brain juice. Otherwise it just doesn't offer the same benefits as dude wants to charge you for.

Butter is made from cream and a lot of people use cream in their coffee. I can see trying it maybe. But I take my coffee black as well.

I like cream and sugar in my coffee, but given that my cholesterol has been going up faster than the Space Shuttle the last few years I have taken to drinking it black to reduce my fatty intake.

Are we as a country running out of ideas to get fatter? Sounds gross,but I like my coffee black though.

Disregarding the whole butter in coffee thing:

Eating fat is not bad at all. The reason the country keeps getting fatter is because of all the shitty carbs we eat. I eat a high fat, low carb diet most of the time and I'm a huge health nut / weight lifter with healthy levels of cholesterol.

You can always try it with a dollop of whip cream - sweet, with a little bit of fat.

Of course, if you'd rather not have the carbs, there's always lard. :zoinks:

Seriously, butter doesn't sound bad. I imagine that there's at least that much fat in a Carmel Macchiato, unless you go fat free. I drink coffee black, except for the occasional Macchiato.

Butter is for your bacon, not your coffee!

heyLiHi.png

Back