Bulletproof Coffee

BlockInlay

Octavate.band
Anyone ever try this method of intermittent fasting to burn off some fat? I threw on a ton of weight over the holidays that I'm none to pleased about. It sure was fun packing it on though. Figured I'll give this a shot to see what happens. Not buying the fancy coffee or additives so I'm taking the common man route with:

12oz freshly brewed coffee, Pleasant Morning Buzz from whole foods
2 tablespoons (yeah) of Grass-fed kellygold unsalted butter
1 tablespoon unrefined organic coconut oil (work up to 2 tablespoons if my guts take 1 with no trouble)

I also add a splash of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon.

Whip it all up in a blender for 20-30 seconds and you get a hyper-rich frothy drink that is palatable, though I can't call it delicious or even yummy. It's just SO rich I think it scares me. The stronger the coffee, the more enjoyable the flavor, IMHO. Some folks report taking coffee with lots of fat extends the effects of the caffeine, but I've been a +1 pot a day coffee fiend for years so I don't expect to notice anything different as far as an upper effect. My wife thinks I'm insane. I've always had excellent cholesterol and triglyceride numbers, but I'll probably get checked after a month or two of doing this.

The result after a few days: drink this in the morning and I don't feel hungry for at least 6 hours. When I finally do eat, I get full considerably faster than normal (my diet is all lean protein and vegetables and beans, nothing else). Zero energy dip, even if I workout in the AM. Interesting.

I haven't been doing this long enough yet to see any visible or body comp changes yet but I'm expecting good things to start happening.

TBH, I wouldn't wait two months to check your #'s. If your body experiences something new it doesn't like, daily, things can go wrong much faster than that.

It depends on what else you’re doing.

A lot of people try to use BPC while doing a ketogenic diet, and while everyone is different, generally speaking it’s not a logical thing to do.
The idea of keto is to get your body burning off the fat in your body.
When you have a BPC, it’s just a bunch more calories to burn off before your body can get to working on the fat.
That said, if it’s IF you’re doing and BPC is your source of calories, then it’s not a bad way to go. It will keep you feeling full on few calories.

Personally, I’d change up the meal a bit and get some balance between protein and fat.
High protein will trigger insulin release. Insulin will create glucose and store it as fat if you’re not burning it all off.

Doing the IF route just to see what happens. Not getting hungry til 2pm and feeling fine is pretty sweet. I then eat slow carb til 8pm, as much as I need to feel full and satisfied.

Easy to maintain and the weight is sliding off about 1-2lbs per week. Once I hit my target body fat% I’ll probably drop the IF and revert back to eggs for breakfast. I miss them.

Im use to this. Been drinking for a while. Not every day but often.

People also look at me funny when im out and just ask for butter to put in my coffee.

Doing the IF route just to see what happens. Not getting hungry til 2pm and feeling fine is pretty sweet. I then eat slow carb til 8pm, as much as I need to feel full and satisfied.

Easy to maintain and the weight is sliding off about 1-2lbs per week. Once I hit my target body fat% I’ll probably drop the IF and revert back to eggs for breakfast. I miss them.

I should also say I went back on Keto this month. Im doing the IF and pretty muxh down to one meal a day without the hunger. Im down 15 lbs this month alone.

I also stopped the bar visits dramatically too. That was just wasted calories. I feel a huge difference. I miss pizza. But google fathead pizza and OMG its awesome!

Will check out the fathead pizza. I'm eagerly awaiting spring and fresh, local vegetables that actually taste like something.

Back