Bugs?

B Valley

Rattlesnake Shaker
Among the post in a number of threads there are words highlighted and passing your cursor over them opens a window to an ad.
Also when I click 'edit' on one of my posts it opens a box in the post, but the post is not visible and can not be editied.

I'm not seeing it

It sounds like one of those tools that changes key words into links in order to gain advertising revenue.
Does it only happen here?
Have you allowed any browser toolbars to be installed lately?

If it were something new on the board software, which hasn't changed recently, then everyone would see it.
That's why I asked about browser toolbars. That's another way to get that "feature" but it would be specific to you and that browser.
There are many free plugins that add in a toolbar install. They ask your permission, but it's way too easy to click through the defaults and unintentionally allow the toolbar install.

I'm not seeing it

It sounds like one of those tools that changes key words into links in order to gain advertising revenue.
Does it only happen here?
Have you allowed any browser toolbars to be installed lately?

If it were something new on the board software, which hasn't changed recently, then everyone would see it.
That's why I asked about browser toolbars. That's another way to get that "feature" but it would be specific to you and that browser.
There are many free plugins that add in a toolbar install. They ask your permission, but it's way too easy to click through the defaults and unintentionally allow the toolbar install.

this.

I thought maybe Skimwords might be accidently turned on for some usergroup that he might be part of but he has nothing different in his user profile. I changed some settings..let me know if you see anything different.

I just realized it happens when I'm not logged in to the forum. Almost every post will have a word underlined and passing the cursor over the word will produce a little bubble that reads "Shopping link created by Skim Words". If I find it on my computer, I will track it to the company that snuck it in some other software, go to their office and fuck up THEIR windows.

thats one of our advertising products. if anything hopefully it will make people register so they don't have to see it anymore :embarrassed:

Nah. Just trying to pay the bills but not subjecting the registered members to that particular annoyance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

175px-Classic_bugsbunny.png

Back