Budget temptation...

GilmourD

Eater of Worlds
Staff member
http://www.amazon.com/Andoer-Booste...elpful&formatType=current_format&pageNumber=1

upload_2016-4-22_20-19-15.png

You think it's worth the $20-something bucks to see if it sounds like the Xotic EP Booster?

That's a good question. Looks like it gets very good reviews but, no idea who the reviewers are. Pretty much why I joined HC then, ended up here. I know WHO is saying something is good or bad.

You think it's worth the $20-something bucks to see if it sounds like the Xotic EP Booster?

Only if you just can't afford the EP Booster, and you really want the fatter tone. The thing about the EP (and I have one) is that there is a dip switch that allows you to brighten the tone, or set it for a fatter tone. It seems the Andoer simply boosts a fatter tone.

Only if you just can't afford the EP Booster, and you really want the fatter tone. The thing about the EP (and I have one) is that there is a dip switch that allows you to brighten the tone, or set it for a fatter tone. It seems the Andoer simply boosts a fatter tone.
Apparently...

k90tmtwl3k2jr6lv62ev.jpg

OK. I "A-B"ed the two. To my ear there's no real difference. Maybe the Xotic EP has a little more boost when all the way up. The dip switches seem to work the same in both. The Mosky XP does not take a battery. 9 volt power supply is not included. The pedal box is a little thicker and probably better quality on the EP. Switch and pot are also probably better but mine stays on all the time.
I would say if you're looking for an EP boost the XP is worth giving a try. You could always flip it for $22.
5e837cd40cbe311ed4afe17d14f1e1d3.jpg

5138f24019dc63414ffd63e52fc0e769.jpg
ad1a83cd91b049066f74dcc25e774f5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me cast the first stone: I tend to dislike this sort of thing. An American company puts a fair amount of money in R&D, testing, settting up production, etc. to produce a product. The product does well in the marketplace. Then, along comes a Chinese company that spends a few bucks to reverse-engineer the product, which allows them to drastically undercut the price. BOOM -- another American company out of business and more jobs go bye-bye.

<click> rant mode off

Let me cast the first stone: I tend to dislike this sort of thing. An American company puts a fair amount of money in R&D, testing, settting up production, etc. to produce a product. The product does well in the marketplace. Then, along comes a Chinese company that spends a few bucks to reverse-engineer the product, which allows them to drastically undercut the price. BOOM -- another American company out of business and more jobs go bye-bye.

<click> rant mode off

I get your point and partially agree, but couldn't you make a similar case for buying used gear? When you buy a used pedal, the company that made it gets nothing.

<click> rant mode off
It's a circuit based on the preamp from the Maestro EP-3, so it's a copy of a copy.

Back