Buddy Guy has a potty mouth.

i'm not surprised at all.....i think i've seen him drop some cuss words at the crossroads festivals. to be honest, i've never been much of a fan of his.

btw.....the cyclones (local Pitt band) used to play at moondog's all the time.
(even tho i'm in NW Ohio now, i'm FROM western Pa.)

Doesn't he have Alzheimer's? Could explain it

did you read the article (i'm not trying to be mean).....he dropped f-bombs and then said "if the kids don't know what that is then they've never seen tv"
that's not alzheimer's.....that's just plain assclown.

image.jpg

I saw him back in the 90s at the Chicago blues fest. He was great. If you don't want your kids to hear the word fuck, maybe take them to a kid music show, and not a show by one of the old guard of a form of music built from the despair of slavery, southern black poverty and disenfranchisement. Real blues has an edge, so be prepared for it.

Last edited:
Game at Buddy Guy shows, guess how long before the first f word.

Buddy is not Hannah Montana, he's not playing to 12 year old girls. I've seen huge crowds cheer when he says, I didn't come here so you all could f*** this song up. You go to a Buddy Guy show and you expect it. It's Buddy. As far as Buddy goes, I've met him and he is a really nice guy. A few four letter words does not make a guy an ass clown.

Fuck the children. Did you think you were going to see good old grandpa blues. You hired Buddy Guy and then you had several band show and go on late. Sounds like that caused him to go on late sorry I had to treat you like shit Buddy but you know how kids and their bands are today so suck it up.

Bono drops the F bomb on TV on a regular basis. Where's the outrage there? Yeah, it would be nice if people kept stuff kid-friendly, but this is the real world. The f-bomb is the least of our problems.

Also, at 13 I knew a lot more than the f bomb, and used those words daily. I can say with 100 percent confidence that my 11 and 10 year old have heard it many times, know the meaning, and know they can't say it at home.

The booker says he has been working with Buddy for over30 years and he never expected him to swear! Who's he trying to fool? Go on YouTube for 30 minutes and you'll know more than this guy claims to have learned in 30 years.

I saw him last year here in Nashville. We have an interesting phenomenon here at many of the more "mature"-audience concerts where drunk people like to yell at the artists almost throughout the whole show. It got extra absurd during Buddy Guy because he took so many long pauses between songs and told so many stories. Not far into the show he started telling people to "Shut the fuck up," and the crowd would laugh and cheer. He probably said it 50 times. It was funny, totally warranted on his part, and fucking embarrassing for those of us in the audience who know how to treat an artist with basic courtesy.

Back