Bucket list concerts. Who do you still really, really want to see?

U2 again, Bob Mould, Neil Young again, David Gilmour and maybe Waters too, Elvis Costello, Radiohead, I am sure I can think of more.

I saw U2 in Boston 2015. I hadn't seen then since the Amnesty concert. I was a huge U2 fan and then really really disliked the 90s stuff. I didn't even care about going but it was on my wife's bucket list.
Long\short. It was amazing. Completely renewed my interest in them. Can't recommend seeing them highly enough.

Reactions: OGG
JT is worth it alone, as he's stellar live. Always a great band and more often than not a killer guitarist. So add Bonnie to the mix and get about 1 1/2 hours of each??? One hundred a pop doesn't sound so bad.
JT is hilarious. Great storytelling.

Have seen
Pink Floyd (any iteration)
Iron Maiden
ZZ Top
The Cult

Haven't seen
Jeff Beck
Andy Timmons
Incubus
John Sykes
Trixie Whitley
Freddy Jones Band
The Fixx
Trivium
Thomas Blug
The Moody Blues

So many that will never be seen, top of the list was Bowie.

Just got our tickets to see Punch Bros at Wolftrap, the one with I'm With Her and Julian Lage opening...it's like Prairie Home Companion without all of the other stuff that I enjoy, but care far less about.

Last edited:
Midnight Oil. They're touring this summer for the fist time in over a decade, but the closest they get to me is six hours away. Nagana doit, wouldn't be prudent, not at this juncture.

The Bevis Frond, probably my favorite currently active band. They only play a smattering of European dates every year and haven't been to the US in over a decade, and probably won't be coming again anytime soon, if ever again.

Motorpsycho. Same deal as Bevis Frond, only they tour more extensively in Europe and I have slightly more hope they'll do US shows again someday.

Dinosaur Jr. Saw them a few times with Mike Johnson in the early '90s which was great, but never saw them with Lou Barlow in the band. They're playing in the next town over from me next month, but the show sold out before I heard about it. Mebbe I can scrounge a ticket.

Reactions: OGG
U2 again, Bob Mould, Neil Young again, David Gilmour and maybe Waters too, Elvis Costello, Radiohead, I am sure I can think of more.
I did think of another. Loved this band forever, but have never been able to see them live. from the other concert thread:
MxPx is coming to Seattle for two nights in July for a 25th anniversary show. It is just punk, but I love this band from Bremerton. Always have since I first heard them. If they are going to play for us, I am going to try and go.

and, I will add The Breeders of @Theodore 's list above, and any band featuring Susanna Hoffs.

I did think of another. Loved this band forever, but have never been able to see them live. from the other concert thread:
MxPx is coming to Seattle for two nights in July for a 25th anniversary show. It is just punk, but I love this band from Bremerton. Always have since I first heard them. If they are going to play for us, I am going to try and go.

I've always thought they were good.

I've never kept up with internecine punk politics, but iirc they probably got a LOT of stick from some in the community because they were originally on Tooth & Nail, a Christian label.

I've never kept up with internecine punk politics, but iirc they probably got a LOT of stick from some in the community because they were originally on Tooth & Nail, a Christian label.
Yeah, there can be controversy about that, on the youtubz comments and what not. But I just ignore all that. I like what they do. Simple, oldschoolish punk rock. And they are local to where I am from. Just booked tix for the Showbox in Seattle on July 8. Taking both my boys. My wife and daughter weren't into it. But we will have fun! The Showbox in Seattle is great!

and, I will add The Breeders of @Theodore 's list above, and any band featuring Susanna Hoffs.

I saw them on a Warped Tour many moons ago. If I remember correctly, they were pretty good. My brother really likes them but I kinda stay out of the poppier punk stuff.

I remember them catching some flack for that. I saw a thing with them where they tried to clarify that they weren't a "Christian" band, but they happened to be a band where all the members were Christian. I am about the least religious person out there, but I couldn't care less. If the music is good, I'm in, I don't care what the bands religious views are.

I remember them catching some flack for that. I saw a thing with them where they tried to clarify that they weren't a "Christian" band, but they happened to be a band where all the members were Christian. I am about the least religious person out there, but I couldn't care less. If the music is good, I'm in, I don't care what the bands religious views are.

Me too. If someone is a particularly vehement fundamentalist, to the point of wanting to control others and have their religion enacted into law, then I'll have a problem with them, whether they're Christian, Muslim, or any other religion. As long as their religion is simply what deity/deities they believe in, or disbelieve, why should I (or anyone) care? Either their music is good, or not.

Me too. If someone is a particularly vehement fundamentalist, to the point of wanting to control others and have their religion enacted into law, then I'll have a problem with them, whether they're Christian, Muslim, or any other religion. As long as their religion is simply what deity/deities they believe in, or disbelieve, why should I (or anyone) care? Either their music is good, or not.

Ditto.

Back