Bucket list concerts. Who do you still really, really want to see?

Rancid, Social Distortion, Brian Setzer. Trans Siberian Orchestra. The closest any of them get tends to be SF and usually midweek. :cry:

I really, really want to see this concert.

tumblr_olfnc0G7c41qzwe1to1_500.jpg

Brian Setzer
Rolling Stones
Tom Petty
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, I've seen Bruce solo
The Who

Dick Dale still tours often. He already announced dates for spring, summer, and fall tours. Which is astounding given his age and that he just beat cancer for at least the third time. I saw him in NYC a few years back and he did a killer show. That show was on a party boat with no stage, so I was literally standing a foot in front of the man watching him play.

Cancer ain't tough enough to beat Dick Dale.

Well, one was Graham Nash solo, but I did that one a summer ago. Other than that, I am not too sure. I'd like to see Donovan, but some recent concert footage I've seen is not that encouraging. I've seen Tom Paxton, and have tickets to see him again in May, so that is not really a burning issue. I guess I'd have to go with most of Lefty Tom's list. Seeing me, however, is not on my bucket list; that is old hat.

Boris is the only rock band on my bucket list. Now my list is all Indian musicians:
Imrat Khan
Irshad Khan
Kushal Das
Mita Nag
Malinal Nag
Pushpraj Koshti
Bahauddin Dagar
Roopa Panesar
Jyoti Hedge
Kaushiki Chakraborty
Parween Sultana

None of them will ever come to Colorado, but some of them hit NYC now and then, which is one reason I’ll be happy to move back this summer. And once I’m in NYC it will be relatively cheap to fly to England, Belgium, and the Netherlands to attend the big festivals there.

Dick Dale still tours often. He already announced dates for spring, summer, and fall tours. Which is astounding given his age and that he just beat cancer for at least the third time. I saw him in NYC a few years back and he did a killer show. That show was on a party boat with no stage, so I was literally standing a foot in front of the man watching him play.

I saw Bahauddin Dagar several years ago in the UK; great concert.

Waters/Gilmour
Page
CSNY
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Duran Duran
ELO
Kate Bush
Bjork
Doyle Dykes
Daft Punk
Mike Oldfield
Anoshka Shankar
John McLaughlin
Talking Heads (we can hope)
any 80+ year old jazz/blues/rock guys still kickin and playin.

Last edited:
Dude...Wilco kills live. And they tour constantly. Quit goofing around!

Well the last 3 times they were out this way...
Opening for Dylan at a big outdoor fest for over $100 tix,
In the middle of a HUGE 3 day outdoor show
5 days in a local club that sold out in a day

I tried getting tickets to the club dates but no-go. The other two are just a bit much for the wife and I to deal with any more. It's hard when you aren't into many of the other bands and the crowds are huge. I will keep trying but they don't play out here near as often as back east and midwest.

Scorpions
Metallica
Gilmour
Iron Maiden
Die Ärzte
Farin Urlaub Racing Team (again, this time with the kids)

He says that his current tour will be his last-ever performances in the US, so you might want to look into that, if you can.

I always take those "Final Tour!" proclamations with a grain of salt, but regardless - serious thanks, I had not heard.

Lo and behold he'll be in Ann Arbor this November!

Here's the list for anybody interested. Bonus it's with Jimmy Herring.

John-Jimmy2017_Poster1_HiRes.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I'll be knocking one of them off my list next month, when I see Amorphis. They are one of my favorite bands I haven't seen live.

Dick Dale, Jeff Beck, and ZZ Top

I'm going to see ZZ Top Friday night.

I'm not getting excited about it. I've seem them many times. Back in the 70s and 80s, a ZZ Top show was not to be missed. Unbelievable energy. For the last 20 years or so, they've been phoning it in.

Not that they put on a bad show, don't get me wrong.

I'd love to see Bonnie Raitt. I probably missed my chance - I think her last tour was it, she's packing it in.
Brian Setzer is another one I'd love to see live. Does he tour? I've never heard of him playing these parts.

There's plenty of things I'd go see, but I've seen all the potential bucket list type shows I'd be able to think of.

I suppose a smaller venue Keith Richards solo gig might be one of the few things I'd really hope to have the opportunity to see. Tom Waits would be cool if going wasn't a major pain in the ass.

I always take those "Final Tour!" proclamations with a grain of salt, but regardless - serious thanks, I had not heard.

Lo and behold he'll be in Ann Arbor this November!

Here's the list for anybody interested. Bonus it's with Jimmy Herring.

John-Jimmy2017_Poster1_HiRes.jpg

I was about to say no-one, but this is intriguing. I love Jimmy Herring's playing.

but it's not bucket-list.

EDIT: oh well - no decent seats left.

I was about to say no-one, but this is intriguing. I love Jimmy Herring's playing.

but it's not bucket-list.

Yeah, I've seen both of those guys several times, and they wouldn't be on my bucket list, either.

Unless maybe McLaughlin did another Shakti.

Bucket list? Nah. I'd love to see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. McLaughlin is a favorite of mine, but I don't care for Mahavishnu Orch. I'd love to see the Bill Frisell, Punch Bros, Sarah Jarosz, Julian Lage, Ray LaMontagne, Fates Warning, Avett Bros, Lake Street Dive, AKUS, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Barenaked Ladies, Robert Cray Band, Chris Isaak, Ben Folds (Five), Widespread Panic, and others.

The bigger list is all those I missed.

Rancid, Social Distortion, Brian Setzer. Trans Siberian Orchestra. The closest any of them get tends to be SF and usually midweek. :cry:

I finally got to see Social Distortion a couple of summers ago. Great show, if they come anywhere close, go.

Back