Brussels Sprouts...Not just for Christmas

wok

Unholy Meat Obelisk
You either love them or hate them. I love them, especially the way I made them this evening:

Halved,parboiled and then pan-fried with bacon lardons, some cream and lots of pepper :love: munch0

Sprout, you love them or hate them?

My personal fave: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228875/maple-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-bacon/

Partially cook 2-3 strips of bacon. Chop bacon. (If you partially pre-cook the bacon, the bacon is cooked and crispy and the sprouts aren't mushy and over-done.)

Cut sprouts in half, add olive oil, salt, pepper, drizzle with maple syrup (the real stuff - no Ms. Buttersworth). Add bacon. Toss until coated evenly.

Spread them on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven at 400 for about 20 mins.

Reactions: wok
Just the smell makes me gag. I literally can't be in a room with brussels sprouts cooking because I'll vomit.

I hated them until my wife started making them. Not my favorite but not the worst thing if prepared well.

I like 'em....I fry them up diced with red peppers and onions in olive oil then mix in some pasta with sauce and cook that.

Love them. Probably my second favourite veggie next to asparagus. I hope I don't get the gout that runs in the family or Brussels Sprouts will become number one methinks :(

NorCal is the Brussels sprouts capital of the universe. We can get them fresh (still on the “log”) and they are amazing. If they are bitter, it’s because you are eating ones that have been around for a while. Steamed, stir-fried, roasted, always tasty. There’s even a fish and chips shop that sells deep-fried Brussels sprouts near us.

I had frozen petite sprouts on Thanksgiving.
They were awesome.A bit of sweet and bitter.

NorCal is the Brussels sprouts capital of the universe. We can get them fresh (still on the “log”) and they are amazing. If they are bitter, it’s because you are eating ones that have been around for a while. Steamed, stir-fried, roasted, always tasty. There’s even a fish and chips shop that sells deep-fried Brussels sprouts near us.
You can buy those in Whole Foods. :embarrassed:

Back