BRPD is Killing Black Folks Too

In a perfect world, that is a great idea. When I lived in Charlottesville, they tried that with the police and fire dept. The problem was, if you worked for the police or fire dept, you couldn't afford to live in the city. That and when you do that, you limit yourself to a very small pool of applicants.

I live in the city. I'll be a cop. When do I get my gun?

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

cvKSRxC.gif

I don't think open carrying in public is appropriate. The people that I've seen do it tend to be a little too gung ho for my taste. They also always tend to be fat. Maybe they're compensating because they haven't seen their dick in a while.

I live in a state where it is ok to have a weapon in your vehicle. I don't have a problem with that. I also don't mind people with a permit concealed carrying. It's not something I choose to do, because I don't think it makes me safer, but I'm not willing to take that right away from other people.

I agree 100!

A discretely concealed hand gun is less unnerving for one reason. You can't see it so you don't know it's there.
Id just as soon not know.
It's the weirdos showing off that make me nervous, be they fat white guys or gangbangers. Well, I admit the gangbanger is a little scarier than my uncle Ralph to a cracker like me. I was passing thru Montgomery a while back kinda late, stopped in a Walmart for something. Standing in checkout line I notice this dude in font of me has got really big iron hanging outta his pants and was buying some kinda off brand pop and cold medicine. I start checking out my surrounding big time and get on down the highway.

I went to my local (Santa Clara) Citizens Police Academy (it was longer -- like 13 weeks), and we had a number of such demonstrations ALL OF WHICH USED DUMMY GUNS. Having an actual firearm on an exercise like that is criminally irresponsible, and that department is subject to a huge honking lawsuit. FYI, we got to shoot all of the weapons that the SCPD currently keeps in inventory on the last day of class, which was a full-day event that included driving, shooting, and a variety of playacting scenarios (of course, all involving FAKE firearms).

In a perfect world, that is a great idea. When I lived in Charlottesville, they tried that with the police and fire dept. The problem was, if you worked for the police or fire dept, you couldn't afford to live in the city. That and when you do that, you limit yourself to a very small pool of applicants.

You must live within the City of Chicago if you want a job w/ the city. Cops. Firefighters. Teachers. Those guys they catch sleeping in the streets and san trucks.

You must live within the City of Chicago if you want a job w/ the city. Cops. Firefighters. Teachers. Those guys they catch sleeping in the streets and san trucks.

It was the same here in Detroit until mayor Coleman Young's reign of failure ended in the mid 90's.

I think every city employee immediately relocated :lol:

Back