Brits aren't good at US geography

Id expect a 4 or 5 hour drive from York to London so thats about right. Oh and William Wallace never got to York. In fact nowhere near it.

The real question is how many Americans could get all 50 states correct?

Probably not as many as you might think.

Or, how many Americans could get the countries in the UK correct?

Again, probably not as many as you might think.
Or how many could even find the British Isles at all?

I'm surprised so many knew as much as they did. I know absolutely nothing about Great Britain except that the Beatles came from Liverpool.

I don't know if I'd be able to this minute but in the past I've been able to name all English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh counties. :embarrassed:

enhanced-buzz-wide-15112-1416923721-11.jpg

I mated with a British woman for a while...

I wish you better luck than I had...

Female narcissist's are a true experience....

I don't know much about England never having been there. But I know Liverpool is in the nortwest, Manchester is east of it and Blackpool is north. Northwest of London there's a place were they used to make pretty good cars called Coventry. They also make cars SW of London in a place called Woking. Bogner Regis, I once met a guy from there, is on the channel, and Kent is in the SE and almost as close to Holland as France, know a guy on another board from Kent.

I've been to York :)

Me at the top of the York Minster (I'm the one in the middle)

I could pinpoint pretty much any large-ish city in Europe on a blank map. Most of the middle-sized cities too. But then again I'm a map buff. And a history buff.

Damn all these years I've taught Midieval castle defences and not once mentioned machine worked steel cages. No arrow's getting through that bad boy.

But I digress - most people suck with maps and geography because in most school's it's nowt more than advanced colouring in :embarrassed:

Damn all these years I've taught Midieval castle defences and not once mentioned machine worked steel cages. No arrow's getting through that bad boy.

But I digress - most people suck with maps and geography because in most school's it's nowt more than advanced colouring in :embarrassed:

Well, it was a church, not a castle. They don't want any of their monks to take a tumble off the top if they've been at the eucharist cup, do they? :tongue:

Lindisfarme?

Actually looks a bit like Edinburgh castle except for the lack of multi story car park :grin:

Back