Brilliant detective work

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
Who would have guessed?

Police: Suspect caught selling hemp lollipops on University Strip

Untitled-1.jpg

Tuscaloosa police arrested a Georgia man who they say was selling lollipops made with "hemp and other chemical agents" from a van on the University Strip on Saturday night.

Officers saw several people crowded around the green van, which had the company name "Weed World Candies" painted on the sides along with pictures of marijuana buds and lollipops.

The lollipop flavors were painted on the side of the van and are named after popular strains of marijuana, including White Widow, Bubble Kush and Strawberry Cough.

Police also recovered a small amount of cocaine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and $1,406 in cash.

Desmond Love Brown, 40, of Macon, Georgia, was charged with first-degree possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest. TPD plans to obtain a warrant to charge him with doing business without a license, according to the news release.

Brown was being held Monday in the Tuscaloosa County Jail with bond set at $29,000.

That sort of begs the question: can you get a license for that business in Alabama?

As with everything else, Alabama (and the deep South in general) will be among the very last states to get on board with recreational weed, or even a considerable shift towards decriminalization.

Good thing they directed police resources to get such a dangerous criminal off of the streets.

Good thing they directed police resources to get such a dangerous criminal off of the streets.

While I'm absolutely on your side of the argument, there are some choices that are so profoundly stupid that the only appropriate response is, "You dumb motherfucker, what did you expect?" Openly selling weed edibles in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, from a van clearly marked, "Weed World Edibles" falls into that category.

While I'm absolutely on your side of the argument, there are some choices that are so profoundly stupid that the only appropriate response is, "What did you expect?" Openly selling weed edibles in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, from a van clearly marked, "Weed World Edibles" falls into that category.

Quite true, but really who was this guy bothering other than law enforcement?

Again, you and I are on the same page about this. In my neighboring state to the north it's possible to walk into a clean, well-lighted establishment with friendly, knowledgeable staff who will be more than happy to guide you through your shopping experience and send you on your way with a smile and a receipt. The State gets its cut and everyone's happy. Why would anyone prefer the alternative?

However, this guy ain't helping the cause. This imbecile has inadvertently reinforced every caricature and stereotype that's ever been applied to cannabis users, and it makes the shift to sensible weed laws that much slower and arduous.

However, this guy ain't helping the cause. This imbecile has inadvertently reinforced every caricature and stereotype that's ever been applied to cannabis users, and it makes the shift to sensible weed laws that much slower and arduous.

This.

I know in Michigan some medicinal caregivers will deliver.

Again, you and I are on the same page about this. In my neighboring state to the north it's possible to walk into a clean, well-lighted establishment with friendly, knowledgeable staff who will be more than happy to guide you through your shopping experience and send you on your way with a smile and a receipt. The State gets its cut and everyone's happy. Why would anyone prefer the alternative?

We agree completely. Except I don't think there need to be any laws governing it at all, but I feel that way about most things, so....

It's worth mentioning that he was popped on the Strip. This is the single busiest street in town. It's a bit like him parking his van and selling openly on Beale St or Bourbon St.

If it was just weed, not a big deal to me. The "and other chemical agents" part is where I've seen some serious problems around here. The variety of cheap and potentially hazardous additives in "kush" have had some nasty effects on people.

My stupid step son has become even stoopidererer from that shit. He's been hallucinating the last few months, seeing some people as evil and decaying. messedup0 Those last few brain cells are lost forever.

If it was just weed, not a big deal to me. The "and other chemical agents" part is where I've seen some serious problems around here. The variety of cheap and potentially hazardous additives in "kush" have had some nasty effects on people.

My stupid step son has become even stoopidererer from that shit. He's been hallucinating the last few months, seeing some people as evil and decaying. messedup0 Those last few brain cells are lost forever.

That is interesting. At least around here the should be no chemical additives in a kush strain. We benefit from having everything lab tested and certified prior to sale. They test for mold, bacteria, insects, chemical additives, as well as percentages of active ingredients. Sorry to hear about your step son. That sounds like the kind of things that those people who buy the syntactic gas station weed substitute stuff seems to experience. Sorry I can't remember what that crap is called.

That is interesting. At least around here the should be no chemical additives in a kush strain. We benefit from having everything lab tested and certified prior to sale. They test for mold, bacteria, insects, chemical additives, as well as percentages of active ingredients. Sorry to hear about your step son. That sounds like the kind of things that those people who buy the syntactic gas station weed substitute stuff seems to experience. Sorry I can't remember what that crap is called.

Spice?

Back