Briefcases

Steverino

black sheep
Are they necessary? Are they dorky? Poser-y? I'm getting to the point to where I think it's time for one. Too many papers, too much stuff loose, I feel a need to organize. Meetings in other areas of the Center, business trips on the horizon.

If you use one, what would you recommend? Did the "hard" cases go out in the 80s-90s for the softer "satchel" types?

I'm in the dark here. Hep me! :)

I have a hard briefcase. Bought it at a garage sale for $1.00 People do give my strange looks when I walk in with it. I keep my Milwaukee hammer drill in it.

Hard briefcases died when people needed a case for more than a few briefs. If you have to lug a laptop, a phone, and a pile of papers that’s too much to carry around with one hand. Get a nice messenger bag or satchel. Freitag < Kenneth Cole < Ghurka.

I use a soft case with an over the shoulder strap. It's my men's European carryall.

I see a lot of folks at the center here just using backpacks nowadays. I think that's a bit too casual for work, but obviously a lot of folks don't seem to have an issue with it.

Hard briefcases died when people needed a case for more than a few briefs. If you have to lug a laptop, a phone, and a pile of papers that’s too much to carry around with one hand. Get a nice messenger bag or satchel. Freitag < Kenneth Cole < Ghurka.
Okay, that's what I was thinking. I have a notebook, but am hoping to use my tablet/keyboard so I won't be lugging around a heavy laptop. Thanks :)

I have one of those canvas Landsend attaches. It is finally starting to fall to pieces after 20 years. I figured out from reading reviews that they really don't make them that way anymore. I'm pissed.

I use a jump drive. Keep it on my keychain (3+ gig). The bag carrying fad is certainly hanging tough. Everywhere I look I see people humping backpacks around and can't imagine why. I never saw that a little as 10 years ago. No reason to carry bags back then. What has changed?

Back