Bridge Pin (not end pin) Snake Oil?

This is just something that showed up on Facebook and it reminded me of all the bridge pin debates I have seen. I have no problem with how my guitars sound; if it didn't sound good to me I wouldn't buy it and then try bridge pin mojo. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
View attachment 18756

All steel-string bridges should be string-thru designs. It's more efficient, it looks better, it just makes sense.

I really hate changing strings, always have, always will. I change strings frequently, and I have a lot of instruments. So I resent any inefficiency, even if it's a matter of seconds. Some of you might think 'no big deal', and you're right. But it's one of my things, and it irritates the fuck out of me. I also believe that every single steel-string should have locking tuners, too, for the same reason.
The Breedloves have the string-through bridge. That's one reason I like them, although not the major one. I have seen the bridge explode on one guitar.

I always wondered if the guys crowing about how good they sound after a bridge pin change were just noticing how much better their guitar sounded with new strings :embarrassed:.

Back