Brian May Rig Rundown

And here is my Brian May

Brian_May_1800_00.jpg

Have you all seen these folks site?

http://rscustomguitars.com/

64 Supreme Retail Price $7500.00

The 64 Supreme is RS Custom’s flgship model. It has been meticulously designed and crafted to be an exact replica of the original Red Special that was built in 1964. We use top of the line parts and materials to bring you an amazing guitar experience. The 64 Supreme’s body is blockboard and oak insterts that is venereered with select mahogony. The fretboard is oak with 24 frets on a 24″ scale. It also includes an original reproduction Tremeolo with motorcycle valve springs, roller bridge with stainless steels rollers, and Adeson True reproduction Burns Tri-Sonic Pickups. For more in-depth specs please click the tab below.

64 Supreme - Model Specifications">64 Supreme - Model Specifications

The Brian May Signature Guitar
... inspired by Brian May's legendary 'Red Special', an instrument that has achieved iconic status a unique place in rock history, and designed in conjunction with Brian May himself. The result ... a stunning guitar, blessed with superb build quality, awesome playability and an astonishingly rich diversity of killer tones.

In fact it delivers everything you'd expect from an instrument built to the exacting standards of one of the world's greatest guitarists but, in keeping with Brian's vision of a "guitar for the people", with an amazingly affordable price-tag that belies its superior appointments and performance.

Without question one of the most eagerly anticipated instruments of the century , the Brian May Signature was originally launched in winter 2001 to rapturous critical and public acclaim. Guitarist magazine hailed it as "Best Guitar of the Year" and theatre audiences around the globe thrilled to the guitar's sound in performancein the Queen musical "We Will Rock You".

But the story certainly didn't end there. Working once again with Brian and his long-standing guitar technician Pete Malandrone, House Music has significantly improved upon the guitar's overall constrution as well as refining the bridge assembly, electronics, finishing and colour choices. Simply put, the world's best artist designed guitar has just got a whole lot better.

Specifications:
> Mahogany body (with acoustic chamber) with Pinstripe binding
> New two-piece scratch plate
> Mahogany neck
> 24" scale (Depth: 22mm at 1st fret ... 24mm at 12th fret)
> 24 fret - ebony fingerboard (width 45mm at 0 fret ... 57mm at 24th fret)
> Grover GH305 locking tuners
> Dual truss rod
> Graphite nut
> Wilkinson bridge with brass saddles
> BM Custom tremolo arm
> 3 x Brian May retro style , series wired , single coil pick-ups
> Master Volume & Tone controls
> Original BM switching system
> Individual pickup IN/OUT phase plus Individual pickup ON/OFF

At that price it's fantastic. I love mine. :embarrassed:

I totally agree. When I bought mine sight unseen I figured that I would receive it. Look at it and then send it back to where it came from. It could not have been farther from the truth. Right out of the box the piece was set up almost perfectly.

I totally agree. When I bought mine sight unseen I figured that I would receive it. Look at it and then send it back to where it came from. It could not have been farther from the truth. Right out of the box the piece was set up almost perfectly.

I was thinking it would at least require a bit of work and perhaps some modding to get it up to gigging standard. Quite surprised when I took it out of the box.
Setup was absolutely perfect on mine. The trem was a nice surprise as well, very good.

Back