Breakfast: McD's vs. B. King

I'll take Burger King over McDonalds for any meal, any day of the week here in the UK.

Not that I would want to go to Burger King all that often either if it can be avoided...

So I go to town this morning to fill a prescription, and feel like getting an Egg McMuffin or a McGriddle sandwich.

Then I think to myself that I never, ever, go to Burger King for breakfast so I head there for a change of pace.

I get a bacon Biscuit Sandwich, the tater tot potatoes, and a 3-pc. French toast stick thingy.

In my opinion, the biscuit sandwich was every bit as good as a McMuffin...maybe even better. I think the fluffy biscuit itself was more flavorful that what McD's uses on their McMuffins. The tater tots were good if a bit salty, but I always think that McD's potato wedge thing is way salty too. The 3-pc. French Toast stick things were decent as well.

Burger King has croissant sandwiches too, just like McDonalds, 'gourmet-like' oatmeal with berries, just like McDonalds, breakfast burritos, just like McDonalds....

So why was I the only one in the Burger King joint and no one at the drive thru window either, when the McDonalds just down the street is literally jam-packed with people every morning, and was packed with the drive-thru full when I drove by it minutes later?

Is it because of perception? Habit? Advertising? :confused:

It's because BK blows. I will never go there again for any reason. Not saying McD's is THAT much better, but I can handle their sausage mc muffin or dbl cheeseburgers.

IMO, in general, BK is the also-ran chain because their customer service is frankly nonexistent across-the-board, and has been that way for a long time. They need to change that part of the culture. Not to mention that most of their locations just are dated and skeezy.

Back