Breakfast Bowl - Quite tasty! Quite simple!

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I am lazing around this morning (took a couple vacation days) and I was trying to figure out what to make for breakfast. So looked at what was in the house and came up with this...

SW Breakfast Bowl (2 servings)
1 can Black Beans
4 eggs

Optional Additional Toppings.
Salsa
Pico di Gallo (or Rotel)
Hatch Green Chiles
Diced Avocado
Cheese

Heat the black beans then put 1/2 the beans in each bowl (I make my own black beans - way better than canned). Cook the eggs the way you like (scrambled is best with this recipe - but fried will work as well. Split the eggs between the two bowls. Top with whatever toppings you want. Enjoy.

Half the recipe for just one person. If you use canned beans you might want to spice them up a bit - it doesn't have to be hot spices, but they tend to be a bit bland. Since I make my own beans and freeze them I don't need to do that. I didn't put any cheese on it and it was still great, but I can see cheese working with this.

I do something similar, but prefer poached eggs, as the texture really works well with it.

Anyway -- you've basically simply reinvented huevos rancheros sans tortilla. Also really good with mole (the sauce, not the subterranean mammal)...

Back