Breadfruit

Theodore

I gotta move
Had it? I've only had it frozen a few times and the texture was different from piece to piece, but the soft potatoey ones were really good. Wish I could get a fresh one.

This sums up my breadfruit experience:
Mutiny+on+the+Bounty+1.jpg

There's a restaurant in Viecques that makes mofongo and substitutes breadfruit for rice. It's incredible.

I have only had a bite or two while traveling (I think). It must not of made much of an impression on me since I can't remember for sure if I liked it or not. :tongue:

Need to try again! *checks flights to Papeete*

Breadfruit is rather like tofu - in that I’d doesn’t have much flavor and it pretty much tastes like whatever dish it is used in.

Contrary to what they showed in Stranger Things, teens in the 80's were not eating breadfruit. Especially not in Indiana.

I was, of course, because I was cool and into that kind of stuff. Plus I lived in a big city with access to specialty markets.

Contrary to what they showed in Stranger Things, teens in the 80's were not eating breadfruit. Especially not in Indiana.

I was, of course, because I was cool and into that kind of stuff. Plus I lived in a big city with access to specialty markets.

highly esoteric

Back in the 80's Barnes and Noble was basically in NYC but you could get a catalog and snail mail order so it's not out of the question one could have stumbled upon breadfruit and then sent away for breadfruit from a regional special store which you could've found by way of an ad in Bon Apetite magazine or Sunset magazine

Back in the 80's Barnes and Noble was basically in NYC but you could get a catalog and snail mail order so it's not out of the question one could have stumbled upon breadfruit and then sent away for breadfruit from a regional special store which you could've found by way of an ad in Bon Apetite magazine or Sunset magazine

And Sea Monkeys.

Back