Branston pickle

jbj

Poor old Geordie's array...
I was just reading a blog that said you guys don't really get it stateside.

Is that true and if so, wtf is wrong with you lot?

It's all picalilly over there, I'm told. Branston can't get a foot in the door, they're picalilly doolally!

The only place I've had it is a British-style pub here called Shakespeare's. They serve it with their Scotch egg, and it's delicious!
After a cursory search, it seems it's sold at the Cost Plus World Market, of which there has been at least one in every city I've lived in as an adult.
I'll have to see if my local store carries it.

Not a huge fan of Scotch eggs but I can see how it would work.

It's awesome on a toasted cheese sammich :thu:

I've never had Branston Pickle spread. Sounds interesting.

I like Scotch Eggs, but haven't had one in awhile......whenever I go to a restaurant that serves Scotch Eggs, they usually have something on the menu I'd rather have more.

Never heard of it nor has my South African wife. I guess you guys didn't pass that one along to the colonies.

Never heard of it nor has my South African wife. I guess you guys didn't pass that one along to the colonies.

It is interesting to think of what we (especially the US) are absolutely repulsed by that are "big eats" in the UK.
Eel pie. Liver and Kidney pie, Haggis, blood sausage, etc..etc..etc...

And why the fuck is their AC system on 220v and ours is 110v?
That makes absolutely NO sense. One way or the other. They take a different plug, for fuck's sake. (I suspect this is an American fuck-up, to be honest....but since we discovered electricity, fuck the rest of the world.)

And why does the UK use the decimal system if they INVENTED the system WE still use?
Smacks of "wishy-washy-ness" if you ask me. Fucking pick one, and stick with it. (Again, probably an American Fuck-Up, as even Canada uses the decimal system......but shit,,,,that's the French for you.) I did always wonder why the speedometers in cars sold in the US have BOTH systems on them. My Jaguar does display "Boot Open" on the dash when the trunk is open, which my wife and I both think is cute, though.

I dunno....I don't get it, we're not even 300 years removed from each other. Very interesting, actually....when you start to think about it.

Last edited:
It is interesting to think of what we (especially the US) are absolutely repulsed by that are "big eats" in the UK.
Eel pie. Liver and Kidney pie, Haggis, blood sausage, etc..etc..etc...

And why the fuck is their AC system on 220v and ours is 110v?
That makes absolutely NO sense. One way or the other. They take a different plug, for fuck's sake. (I suspect this is an American fuck-up, to be honest....but since we discovered electricity, fuck the rest of the world.)

And why does the UK use the decimal system if they INVENTED the system WE still use?
Smacks of "wishy-washy-ness" if you ask me. Fucking pick one, and stick with it. (Again, probably an American Fuck-Up, as even Canada uses the decimal system......but shit,,,,that's the French for you.) I did always wonder why the speedometers in cars sold in the US have BOTH systems on them. My Jaguar does display "Boot Open" on the dash when the trunk is open, which my wife and I both think is cute, though.

I dunno....I don't get it, we're not even 300 years removed from each other. Very interesting, actually....when you start to think about it.

Enlightened countries using the imperial system

Liberia
Myanmar (a.k.a. “the country formerly known as Burma”)
United States of America

cop0

Back