Boston. Wassup wit dat city? Wat 2 do?

April? Go to Fenway. Best park in all of baseball.

Already planned on it, I'm an Orioles fan and they're playing a series there that weekend. :thu:

That will be ballpark #4 for me (that I can remember). Camden, PNC, and Comerica. Looking forward to adding it to the list.

Already planned on it, I'm an Orioles fan and they're playing a series there that weekend. :thu:

That will be ballpark #4 for me (that I can remember). Camden, PNC, and Comerica. Looking forward to adding it to the list.

That's perfect. Get there early. There's a lot to see around the stadium and the vibe there is incredible.

There is a lot of history there, but, too be honest, I haven't really explored it myself. One day I'm taking the train in to explore.

Last time i was there, they had a swinging, almost NYC-level night life going, as least in the area around my hotel. There's also a legendary comedy scene, and a lot of NY comics will make the drive to play some little club.

I hung out there quite a bit in my teens and early 20's while friends were in college there. I wouldn't know where to tell you to go these days, though.

If you're a history buff, there are lots of sites to check out. The science museum was awesome when I was young.

Are you driving?

Honestly, Harvard campus is worth checking out. So is the Adams National Historic Park. If you're a super-fan of whaling history, then you can drive an hour or so to the whaling museum in New Bedford, which is terrific.

If you want to stay more central... Then yeah. Museums, galleries, nightlife, Sox, Celtics. I'd check out the concert listings, too.

Lots of history there. Sadly when I went to Mass I had to work. However my son and wife went into Boston and had a great time checking out the historic buildings as well as having a Duck ride.

boston is pretty nice. my girlfriend went to the museum of fine arts school and i visited her a lot while she was there.
i compare every city to NY because i know that city well and its also the greatest city in the uS by far.

its more conservative than ny but not as conservative as DC. If you have long hair or face tatts people will stare.
its a rather young city especially near the universities which are grouped together in a cool way.
its expensive but cheaper than ny and san francisco. i lived in sf for years and would compare boston to that city
except boston does not have ny envy like sf.

oh and the accents are hilarious.

Freedom Walk, The cemetery where Paul Revere and Benjamin Franklin are buried, tons and tons of history, great seafood, scads of gorgeous women in short skirts, the Samuel Adams brewery. A beautiful city with tons to do.

Last time i was there, they had a swinging, almost NYC-level night life going, as least in the area around my hotel. There's also a legendary comedy scene, and a lot of NY comics will make the drive to play some little club.

Technically, this is my bachelor party, but that said, I'm not in the mood for much "night life". Don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of drinking, especially during the evenings, but I'm more of a quiet pub kind of guy than a BOOM CHICKA flashing lights dude at this point in my life.

A comedy club would be fun though. I'll keep that in mind.

Are you driving?

Honestly, Harvard campus is worth checking out. So is the Adams National Historic Park. If you're a super-fan of whaling history, then you can drive an hour or so to the whaling museum in New Bedford, which is terrific.

If you want to stay more central... Then yeah. Museums, galleries, nightlife, Sox, Celtics. I'd check out the concert listings, too.

Flying in. Richmond to Boston is $78 or $98, depending on the weekend!
[Edit: I take that back, I was looking at other weekends before, which are all in that price range. Likely due to the Boston Marathon, that weekend we are currently planning is $121. Still a steal, but.... fucking runners!! :mad:]

I'm planning on getting in a bit early, getting a car at the airport, then driving to Walden Pond to pay homage and read a few passages. Then drop the car back off at the airport in time to pick up anybody else who might be getting into town that evening. I know, I need to take it easy on my Bachelor party, so else I'll end up in jail. But it was one of those things that I put on my Bucket List awhile back and can't pass up the opportunity being so close.

So I will have a car, likely, for a day, but don't plan on taking it in to Boston at all. I was thinking of stopping by the Harvard and or MIT campuses for a peep if time was available, though.

Other than that, we'll be walking or taking the T all weekend.

BTW, I just realized today that this is the weekend right before the Boston Marathon. :embarrassed: :facepalm:

Might complicate things, but also might be cool. I'll have to see if I can work out to stay into that Monday to check out the race a little before heading back home.

Last edited:
Freedom Walk, The cemetery where Paul Revere and Benjamin Franklin are buried, tons and tons of history, great seafood, scads of gorgeous women in short skirts, the Samuel Adams brewery. A beautiful city with tons to do.

Was planning on dragging my friends into doing a Freedom Walk, with the carrot stick that we could turn it into a Freedom Walk/Pub Crawl of sorts. And of course, seafood is high on the list. I've heard some good things about Legal Seafood, or something to that effect. There's one of their locations near the Harpoon Brewery and the Trillium brewery, and there's also a Raw Bar called Row 34 right there too. So that sounds like a fun afternoon all within a few blocks.

Flying in. Richmond to Boston is $78 or $98, depending on the weekend!
[Edit: I take that back, I was looking at other weekends before, which are all in that price range. Likely due to the Boston Marathon, that weekend we are currently planning is $121. Still a steal, but.... fucking runners!! :mad:]

I'm planning on getting in a bit early, getting a car at the airport, then driving to Walden Pond to pay homage and read a few passages. Then drop the car back off at the airport in time to pick up anybody else who might be getting into town that evening. I know, I need to take it easy on my Bachelor party, so else I'll end up in jail. But it was one of those things that I put on my Bucket List awhile back and can't pass up the opportunity being so close.

So I will have a car, likely, for a day, but don't plan on taking it in to Boston at all. I was thinking of stopping by the Harvard and or MIT campuses for a peep if time was available, though.

Other than that, we'll be walking or taking the T all weekend.

BTW, I just realized today that this is the weekend right before the Boston Marathon. :embarrassed: :facepalm:

Might complicate things, but also might be cool. I'll have to see if I can work out to stay into that Monday to check out the race a little before heading back home.

Gotcha. Well, you should at least consider the Adams houses, especially since you've read about them.

Back