Boss Waza Amp

Well, to be fair, I believe the $2500 is MSRP, so it should be only around $1900 street :P.

Reverse fanbois on TGP are already shitting all over the sound of it based on the 46-second teaser video rolleyes1, but for that price I don't see how they compete - not to mention that these also can use the ridiculous Roland "Tone Capsules" that cost like 300 each. Seem to be coming in WAY overpriced for an unproven product. Thought they learned their lesson with the GAs, but I guess not.

Roland seems to turn a deaf ear to their users when it comes to their guitar offerings more often than not.

They’re probably targeting this at touring musicians who get their tone from fuzz pedals and use their stacks as glorified power amps. If you’re doing two tours a year, and paying to get a 150 watt tube head overhauled after each tour, an expensive solid state amp probably starts to look attractive.

They’re probably targeting this at touring musicians who get their tone from fuzz pedals and use their stacks as glorified power amps. If you’re doing two tours a year, and paying to get a 150 watt tube head overhauled after each tour, an expensive solid state amp probably starts to look attractive.
The bands write that off as depreciation every year. The only SS amp I had worth a crap was my Peavey Backstage Plus. That thing rocked.

Well, to be fair, I believe the $2500 is MSRP, so it should be only around $1900 street :tongue:.

Reverse fanbois on TGP are already shitting all over the sound of it based on the 46-second teaser video rolleyes1, but for that price I don't see how they compete - not to mention that these also can use the ridiculous Roland "Tone Capsules" that cost like 300 each. Seem to be coming in WAY overpriced for an unproven product. Thought they learned their lesson with the GAs, but I guess not.

Roland seems to turn a deaf ear to their users when it comes to their guitar offerings more often than not.

Probably $1200 when it becomes the stupid deal of the day.

I'm pretty sure most touring guys don't use 150 watt tube heads and you really shouldn't need to get them overhauled after. In college, I did easily one or 2 shows a week for a couple of years (not including all the practices) with a Peavey classic 50 and I never ever changed the tubes. I was so stupid back then, I didn't even know you had to change tubes:grin: I just threw it in my trunk for gig to gig, with no cover or case. I can't tell you how many beers and shots of Jager ended up on that thing, not too mention, that was back in the day where you could smoke in bars.

Back