BOSS RC-300 Looper Review

Both the last 10 demo phrases (90-99) and the two demo songs on YouTube have the rhythm recorded and controlled on Track Two only. Stopping Tracks One and Three have no effect on the rhythm sound. I am assuming the they brought the rhythm track in from an outside source and just recorded it into Track Two through the Aux In. But I was hoping that there was a way to do this with the built-in rhythm track, which I am not able to find.

I have also been trying to find a way to turn the built-in rhythm track on and off by foot control. So far, the only thing I can come up with is to plug in an expression pedal and control the rhythm volume.

Thanks.

Haven't been ignoring this. I'm out traveling and don't have my looper with me and like you I am learning it.

I believe you can set an external foot pedal to turn on and off the rhythm track as needed. As far as volume with an expression pedal- I'm
pretty sure you can use the on board expression pedal to do that. If not then there are always the sliders on the left of the board to do that- which you can't do via foot control.

I know you can copy from 1 phrase to another. Not sure you can copy from 1 track to another track.

As a work around, you can hook up to a computer via the USB connection- copy the track 2 rhythm to the computer- then download again to the phrase and track location you want to.

I think I answered your question. Let me know if not.

I was not able to find the right settings to use an external toggle pedal to turn the rhythm track on and off, but I was able to use an external expression pedal to control it from min (in essence off) to max (on). Ideally, I would have preferred to have assigned one of the Track 1, 2, or 3 buttons to turn the rhythm on or off, but the external expression pedal works ok.

I am therefore assuming that an outside rhythm machine was recorded directly into Track 2 or copied by USB into the Track 2 WAV file, as demonstrated in the demo phrases and songs.

Finally received the RC- 300 some days ago, after waiting two months ..:cool:. I do like it, but there´s something...
Loading my RC- 50 WAV files via Mac into the RC- 300 I suddenly find myself being uncapable of using 7 of my old files.. Unsupported Format! , it says...and yes, they are not 100 % in time, or maybe the last 4 beats are not exactly 4 beats...but I definetly like them the way they are. Some were done in Logic, others recorded directly into the RC- 50...and I never had problems interchanging those WAV- files inbetween RC- 50, Mac, or Jamman. So, why does this new super- looper those nasty things to me? Anybody has an idea? Please?

I'm trying to figure out how to monitor a click track on the rc 300 without having the click sound out through the main/sub outputs. Any ideas?

I'm trying to figure out how to monitor a click track on the rc 300 without having the click sound out through the main/sub outputs. Any ideas?

I don't have the 300, but I have the previous big board RC-50, and I don't think you can using just the unit. It can do an external midi time clock, so maybe a small drum machine or something could be a time source and a click going to a monitor or in-ear click while sending that time to the looper.

REverse function?

Excited about my upgrade!

can someone please tell me if I can set a system control of the FS-6 pedal to make phrases reverse on and off like with the arc-50??!!

I hope so!

I NEED the RC-300 for my live gigs.

Have you seen Per Haar's video regarding it?

Fast forward to 18:30 to hear a demo of him building a cover of a popular tune live in real time.

But the video shows some things he's learned regarding it that might be of help.

He's a guy who sometimes hangs out at the Vguitarforums and it showed that my ideas for what is possible IS possible, I just need that device to do what I want with it.

My pedalboard will be enormous with it added (I already have an FC-300 plus other pedals) but I did manage to get a group buy price, I just need to convince the wife it's something I require.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back