Boss Katana - Anyone Tried?

This is awesome @mystixboi1 - I have the foot switch on order and for my first gig on 8/11 I might just be going with a regular pedal board as I'm not exactly sure how the foot switch works with everything.

I know you can turn the different memory channels ( I have the 100 2x12) on and off - How easy is it to stay on one channel and just hit the over drive without switching to another channel to do so?

All you have to do is press the button all the way to the right. This brings you into each channel. From there, you can turn effects on and off. Make sure you have your sticker that came with the katana itself. You will need to apply it to the footswitch as the buttons do different things than what is labeled

I just got my footswitch today :)

There are no instructions with it :(

So to save a channel setting, hit and hold the right-most button?

You should already have your channels saved. Or at least, that's what I did.
How? There ain't no instructions, and I don't see a save button on the amp.

idn_smilie

It would've been helpful if the booklet for the amp actually contained useful knowledge, for dummies like me :embarrassed:

idn_smilie

It would've been helpful if the booklet for the amp actually contained useful knowledge, for dummies like me :embarrassed:

once you get your desired setting... just hold the channel button down until all 4 channel buttons start flashing. then press the button again. it saves right there!!!

idn_smilie

Look up the reviews and how to on You Tube. Plenty of education including how to use the foot switch, the tune studio and amp itself. My footswitch came in last night and ill be playing with everything this weekend.

Similar for me, but instead of a ski it's the bike that I almost bought back in the day.

suzuki-gsx-750-s-katana-1982-3.jpg

There's one for sale on my local cl right now for $2800

So here is what is NOT good with this Amp.

Played for two gigs and we have a sound guy with his own PA - He used the direct out at the first gig - into his board - he could not get enough volume. I even have the 100W 2x12. He came back and mic'ed it. Then he told me to turn it down a bit.

The Direct Out does not seem to have enough volume out of the back of the amp. Not a big deal if you mic the amp.

I haven't been able to download the Tone Studio, to be able to get to the hidden amp models. I've tried, and I get the download screen and all, but nothing shows up on my computer after it's done. Can't find it anywhere, and no desktop shortcut.

I've read about it not downloading for some people, and I must be one of the unfortunates that it doesn't work with my PC for some reason.

I might have to try downloading it to my Mac laptop and see if that works.

I haven't been able to download the Tone Studio, to be able to get to the hidden amp models. I've tried, and I get the download screen and all, but nothing shows up on my computer after it's done. Can't find it anywhere, and no desktop shortcut.

I've read about it not downloading for some people, and I must be one of the unfortunates that it doesn't work with my PC for some reason.

I hate things (pedals, amps, etc.) that require an interface with a computer or other device to provide full functionality. Screw that noise!

Have you tried going to vguitar forum? There is a lot of assistance to get BTS working, and with some of the specific procedures noted, I was able to get it to load and operate on the first try. FWIW, I did it on Win10.

So here is what is NOT good with this Amp.

Played for two gigs and we have a sound guy with his own PA - He used the direct out at the first gig - into his board - he could not get enough volume. I even have the 100W 2x12. He came back and mic'ed it. Then he told me to turn it down a bit.

The Direct Out does not seem to have enough volume out of the back of the amp. Not a big deal if you mic the amp.
That sounds like a problem with his board. Mic level is mic level. He's probably one of those guys that doesn't know the difference between the gain knob and the volume slider.

That sounds like a problem with his board. Mic level is mic level. He's probably one of those guys that doesn't know the difference between the gain knob and the volume slider.

When I first unpacked the amp I plugged the Direct Out into my PA and thought the output was weak too. I dontt know exactly what I was doing bit have used my PA numerous times.

idn_smilie

20170812_131940.jpg

Mic"d here and it worked well.

When I first unpacked the amp I plugged the Direct Out into my PA and thought the output was weak too. I dontt know exactly what I was doing bit have used my PA numerous times.

idn_smilie

View attachment 35700

Mic"d here and it worked well.
Were you adjusting with the Volume control or the Master control?

eba9cebb960d214325e4be44c9215e13.jpg

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I bought one of the 100 watt combos a couple of weeks ago. I was going through serious withdrawals from not having an amplifier (mine are in storage until I move into my permanent house). I have to say it is a fantastic sounding amp. Every one of the basic sound settings is great. I haven't even hooked it up to a computer yet. If anyone is on the fence on these, they are an incredible bargain of tone.

I bought one of the 100 watt combos a couple of weeks ago. I was going through serious withdrawals from not having an amplifier (mine are in storage until I move into my permanent house). I have to say it is a fantastic sounding amp. Every one of the basic sound settings is great. I haven't even hooked it up to a computer yet. If anyone is on the fence on these, they are an incredible bargain of tone.

I totally agree with you. Absolutely fantastic amp!

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying it

Back