Boss DD7 vs MXR Carbon Copy

I love the Echorec. It's my sound. But it's not transparent and that's not for everyone. I'm not sure I would recommend it unless MZ is looking exactly for a multi-tap delay designed to nail Gilmour toanz.
I like Gilmour toanz, but what is meant by transparent? I read that a lot.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I like Gilmour toanz, but what is meant by transparent? I read that a lot.

Everything you put into your signal chain will color your sound in some way. If a pedal is transparent, there will be no difference in tone not only with it on and off, but also between the pedal in the chain and out of the chain.

In the case of the Echorec, you have a choice of using it in buffered or true bypass modes. If you choose buffered mode, it colors your sound even when the delay effect is off. If you choose true bypass mode, then it only colors your tone when the effect is on.

I use my Echorec in buffered mode. I like how it colors the tone. But it's not for everyone.

Just got done at Portmans in Savannah. Grabbed a Ditto Looper, patch cables, and a Polytune Clip.
Still want a delay. I'm gonna need an intervention.

I have a Carbon Copy I'd be willing to sell at a friendly price to you. I traded someone a while back for a T-Rex Tap Tone delay that is my go to, along with a Deluxe Memory Man and a rack mount Yamaha D-1500 and a few others. Also, I'd like to get a Catalinbread EchoRec.

Also, if you want reverse and relative ease of use, I had a Line6 Echo Park that had that and other cool settings, ping-pong, etc. I know this will be an unpopular choice here, but I sometimes miss that pedal.

I personally prefer buffered pedals. As far as analog vs. DDL, I know now that I prefer digital. I don't like the dark smear of analog delay. That being said, I use a Truetone H2O on my mini-board because it's convenient.

I have a Carbon Copy I'd be willing to sell at a friendly price to you. I traded someone a while back for a T-Rex Tap Tone delay that is my go to, along with a Deluxe Memory Man and a rack mount Yamaha D-1500 and a few others. Also, I'd like to get a Catalinbread EchoRec.

I may have interest. I'm still deciding if I really want all the reverse stuff or if a competent "regular" delay will work for now.
Message me a price shipped?

Also, if you want reverse and relative ease of use, I had a Line6 Echo Park that had that and other cool settings, ping-pong, etc. I know this will be an unpopular choice here, but I sometimes miss that pedal.
I have one of those, and it does have a lot of settings/modes. So many that it's hard to read the labels next to the knobs because the font is tiny. Line6 basically took much of the DL4 and squeezed it down into a stomp box.

I have one of those, and it does have a lot of settings/modes. So many that it's hard to read the labels next to the knobs because the font is tiny. Line6 basically took much of the DL4 and squeezed it down into a stomp box.

And then made that stompbox weigh as much as the DL4.

Back