BOSS CE-2w Announced

The CE-2 is a very lush and thick sounding effect with huge depth in modulation. It has that soaking wet, super sugary texture to it that pretty much defined a generation.

The CE-5 is a very... VERY subtle effect by comparison. Its max depth setting is barely comparable to the minimum depth of the other. The CE-5 is more of an "accessory"... a lapel pin, where as the CE-2 is the powder blue crushed velvet Disco sport jacket with the ruffled lapels.

One is a very "in your face... I am chorus, hear me roar!"

The other is a pinch of Mrs. Dash in a pot of stew.
Cool. do you have a comparable description/comparison of the small clone?

I also found this vid that compares a CE-5 and CE-2 one after the other, along with a couple others, but not the small clone.

The CE-2 is a very lush and thick sounding effect with huge depth in modulation. It has that soaking wet, super sugary texture to it that pretty much defined a generation.

The CE-5 is a very... VERY subtle effect by comparison. Its max depth setting is barely comparable to the minimum depth of the other. The CE-5 is more of an "accessory"... a lapel pin, where as the CE-2 is the powder blue crushed velvet Disco sport jacket with the ruffled lapels.

One is a very "in your face... I am chorus, hear me roar!"

The other is a pinch of Mrs. Dash in a pot of stew.

I'll simplify this for you. The difference is:

CE-5 - CE-2 = CE-3

:embarrassed:

Boss%20CE-3%20chorus.jpg
Looks like chemistry.

I agree. The chorus sucked on the 3. I never used it for the chorus. If you ran only the effected signal on one of the setting, it made a crazy sound that was awesome.

Which makes sense because that's vibrato. You can turn the CE-5 into a vibrato by sticking a 1/4" plug into the second output.

Which makes sense because that's vibrato. You can turn the CE-5 into a vibrato by sticking a 1/4" plug into the second output.

It only did what I liked when I had the third knob on one of the settings. It still sounded like a regular chorus in the other settings. It wasn't really vibrato it was almost like a chorus can of bees. It was wild.

It only did what I liked when I had the third knob on one of the settings. It still sounded like a regular chorus in the other settings. It wasn't really vibrato it was almost like a chorus can of bees. It was wild.

A chorus can of bees? I didn't realize you were in a Living Colour?

Back