BOSS CE-2w Announced

Fun Chorus Fact: If you're a synth nerd you'll doubtless be aware of the classic Roland Juno 60,which has a distinctive, gorgeous chorus effect built in. People go nuts sniffing cork over any emulation or clone because of that effect.

...and it's basically just a bog-standard Boss CE-2 from 1982.

Check in tomorrow for more Fun Chorus Facts.

Fun Chorus Fact: If you're a synth nerd you'll doubtless be aware of the classic Roland Juno 60,which has a distinctive, gorgeous chorus effect built in. People go nuts sniffing cork over any emulation or clone because of that effect.

...and it's basically just a bog-standard Boss CE-2 from 1982.

Check in tomorrow for more Fun Chorus Facts.
There is an absolutely fantastic VST plug-in of the Juno-60 Chorus unit. It's like Frank's Red Hot... I use that shit on everything!

BTW, this pedal has my full attention. I don't need it, I have a gazillion Chorus Pedals... Half of them BOSS, but that is irrelevant.

It will be mine.

There is an absolutely fantastic VST plug-in of the Juno-60 Chorus unit. It's like Frank's Red Hot... I use that shit on everything!

BTW, this pedal has my full attention. I don't need it, I have a gazillion Chorus Pedals... Half of them BOSS, but that is irrelevant.

It will be mine.

I want the VB-2w. And a DM-2w. For no good reason whatsoever. I can already do everything they do with what I have now. GAS will not win. WILL NOT WIN.

Ok, help me out here. Tell me the primary differences between my CE-5 and the CE-2. Also, what do you guys think of the Small Clone. I see them cheap used and it could be fun to stick on a secondary board with some of my cheap other pedals. Thinking an extra DS-1 I have, the Bad Monkey, and a chorus. The CE-5 could move to a cheap board if I got one of these new ones, or a used Small Clone could be had in addition to my CE-5.

I don't think the NCA supported Mitch McConnell, so they are less effective in protecting our God given and absolutely constitutionally protected chorus rights.

But I may be one of those who needs some chorus training, so as not to kill people.

The only choruses in the Bible are in the psalms. There are no electronics in the Bible, therefore they are not protected.

Pro Tip: Keep the depth and/or mix down. Please.

The only choruses in the Bible are in the psalms. There are no electronics in the Bible, therefore they are not protected.

Pro Tip: Keep the depth and/or mix down. Please.

Ah, but there are choruses of angels mentioned repeatedly in both the New and Old Testament, and what pedal do you think they were using? Hmm? Hmm?

And yes. I do follow that pro tip, except when at home in the privacy of my own room, when wanting to pay extra chorusy Cobain chords. I make sure no minors or vulnerable adults are present prior to doing so.

Ah, but there are choruses of angels mentioned repeatedly in both the New and Old Testament, and what pedal do you think they were using? Hmm? Hmm?

And yes. I do follow that pro tip, except when at home in the privacy of my own room, when wanting to pay extra chorusy Cobain chords. I make sure no minors or vulnerable adults are present prior to doing so.

How can you use pedals if you don't have electricity? :lol:

I already have a great chorus pedal that rarely gets used. I think it was used on two songs a night with the band.

How can you use pedals if you don't have electricity? :lol:
Well, angels are like pure energy, right? They can totally power all their pedals. And tune the power to half burned out batteries like Eric Johnson.

I think there must have been some playing in that final scene from Bill and Ted's excellent adventure.

Ok, help me out here. Tell me the primary differences between my CE-5 and the CE-2. Also, what do you guys think of the Small Clone. I see them cheap used and it could be fun to stick on a secondary board with some of my cheap other pedals. Thinking an extra DS-1 I have, the Bad Monkey, and a chorus. The CE-5 could move to a cheap board if I got one of these new ones, or a used Small Clone could be had in addition to my CE-5.
The CE-2 is a very lush and thick sounding effect with huge depth in modulation. It has that soaking wet, super sugary texture to it that pretty much defined a generation.

The CE-5 is a very... VERY subtle effect by comparison. Its max depth setting is barely comparable to the minimum depth of the other. The CE-5 is more of an "accessory"... a lapel pin, where as the CE-2 is the powder blue crushed velvet Disco sport jacket with the ruffled lapels.

One is a very "in your face... I am chorus, hear me roar!"

The other is a pinch of Mrs. Dash in a pot of stew.

Back