Boss be cray cray

But as you and I both know, it's not just sound -- it's a lot of factors together, especially when people will have to change their way of doing things. What has caught my attention are the following:
- the whole 'feel' aspect, while still not there, is massively improving. Active form of verb intended, and that's what excites.
- the convenience. Keep in mind I am an old 2"-tape-studio type of person, 50 yrs old, and until this year avoided DAWs. Ease of use is also rapidly improving.
- x-factors, like portability and theft and replaceability. My tone settings on BIAS Fx now live in the cloud, where should the worst occur I can get them right back.
- the sounds are just getting better. I used to work with developing artists and producers and know all about how you can't ignore a sound that's unsatisfying. that is also rapidly changing.

The other day I went over to a friend's house to write/jam, and had a single gig bag to carry and was out the door in 3 minutes. It was a weird little moment.

Know what would be really cool? If they would sell a version of the head that’s just a midi controller with plug-and-play support for BIAS. The thing I always hate about modeling software is turning knobs and flipping switches with a mouse. I love to be able to use real knobs and not have to set it all up myself and then remember them based on the numbers printed on an Ableton controller.

^^^ yes. I know I'm locked into fantasy-mode, but I think that this is coming -- the Boss thing is actually sniffing at that idea, they're just going about it in a really funny (and by 'funny' I mean 'pathetically stupid attempt at monetizing in an obviously inconvenient') way.

But. ^^^^ This. Or, more particularly, the option to do this, or go deeper and get your tweak on.

This is also one of those situations where marketing annoys the crap out of me. Good marketing coins terms that people hear and say, "oh... it must be good" or "that's just what I've been missing".

But the term "tube logic" just annoys me. It's as if they said, "this will make people feel good about playing a solid state amp because we have tube logic". wtf?!?!?!?!

it sounds too much like a buzzword they made up to try to sell this amp

Guess its better than saying please buy this expensive turd.

I was watching the Andertons review of this and when they revealed the price I went full Lewis Black into my phone screen. :mad:

Back