Born to Run turns 40

No problem; it is all a matter of taste. I prefer a more stripped-down approach. Nothing wrong with liking something more involved, but it isn't my thing.
You posted too quickly to have listened to that all the way through. Please go back and listen all the way through. It may not change your mind, but it would do my heart good to know you at least give it a try.

You posted too quickly to have listened to that all the way through. Please go back and listen all the way through. It may not change your mind, but it would do my heart good to know you at least give it a try.
I gave it a full listen and agree it shows talent. The drums and keyboard felt too busy to me, and by the time the sax was done wailing and Bruce screamed, I was ready to do 30 minutes of Tai Chi. Like I say, it is a matter of my personal tastes. I have always found Springsteen just too busy other than his solo acoustic stuff. No reflection on him or you, just a reflection on me.

I don't deny the greatness of Nebraska, but I've always found it kind of dark and depressing also...

Need to look into Tom Choad, never had that one.

Some call it Nebraska Part 2 (no Electric Boogaloo) but it isn't as dark to me.

It could easily have said "thinking man's Bon Jovi", but I've had trainings. FWIW, it is meant to be ambivalent as to whether it is a compliment to him anyway.

(Personally I don't much care for thoughtful crafted rock music, from Springsteen to Costello to Richard Thompson. But one person's goose is another person's gander, or whatever.)
I was tired and hadn't had my coffee yet and read it as "He's thinking the man is bon jovi" :facepalm:

And you're absolutely right about him.

Back