Boring NPD

Mine is shielded but sometimes I have to use pretty high gain sounds (like the video I posted) and the noise is audible even when I'm playing or during quiet passages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shielding only gets you about 80-90% of the way there. In most situations, that is fine, good wiring, no neon or florescent lights and 80% of the way is dead quite. My McFeely is shielded great, but there were a couple of spots in my old house where I would get some hum. I'm sure if I was gigging, I would find some other places. The space in my new house is silent, unless I am using my Rat, which I built and it is a noise machine.

Mine is shielded but sometimes I have to use pretty high gain sounds (like the video I posted) and the noise is audible even when I'm playing or during quiet passages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Daag!!!

That is some noise.

Yeah. And sometimes as you know it's not even about noiseless pickups or shielding. My Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe has so much gain that even with humbuckers or Kinmans there is a noticeable amount noise.
We played a small dive bar about a month ago that just had "dirty" power in the building. Even with a noise gate in the loop I was getting a ton of 60 cycle hum....with humbuckers!!!
The other guitar player had a SS amp and he had a ton of noise too.

Back